Thread: APX 7500 CONSOLETTE & RCH 3000 COMPATABILITY

radiogeek97 No Longer Registered

Default APX 7500 CONSOLETTE & RCH 3000 COMPATABILITY

FOLKS
    I have an apx 7500 consolette and need an additional desk set to connect to it. will the following desk set i found on ebay work? I cant find anything on it. My local MSS wants to sell us an Apx desk set that costs a fortune
    here is the unit i found on flea-bay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Des...-/390452174288

thanks

Thanks

Doubt it, you should probably buy the MCD5000 they are trying to sell you.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

What about an MC3000 digital desk set do you think that will work?
    sure the mcd5000's are nice but wy too much for our budjet.

Thanks

The MC3000 is designed for a W series astro spectra or XTL5000 consolette. Not for the APX which is more advanced. Is the APX too much radio for what you need. If the budget is that much of a concern maybe you should downgrade consolette models?

Jason

the xtl5000 consolette is NLA from what we were told, either that or they were not compatible with the mcc7500 console. Budjet is always a concern and salesmen are always going to up-sell. Just because i dont want to pay the rip-off moto prices for a remote dosent mean that i should "downgrade" to a less expensive consolette. thank for your imput

Thanks

The XTL5000 consolette is compatible with the MCC7500 so long as the TRC firmware has been upgraded to the very latest version. As far as the remote goes, if you need something other than what tone control can offer, you would be best served by using the MCD5000. I don't think the MC3000 will work, and they are a poor remote as well.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

The APX consolettes did not have the capability to connect a digital remote such as a MC3000 but did support tone remotes. About a month ago I spoke to one of the Motorola regional product development managers and was informed that the new APX consolettes will have digital remote capabilities. If you can get away with access to eight channels or less look at the MC1000, MC2000, or MC2500.