Thread: XTL5000 Dual Head Installation

Thanks

Default XTL5000 Dual Head Installation

Okay, I'm running into a problem installing a second control head to an XTL-5000. We're adding a control head to an office in my station, I installed it and programmed the brick that there are 2 control heads. When I turn on the radio, both control heads go into Maintenance Mode, Local Device. When I turn on off, they both turn off and the same when I turn them on. When I go to sync the control heads in the CPS, it does not give me the option to sync multiple control heads... that is grayed out. I synced the origional without a problem. So... I tried it with the other control head and it is not communicating with the added control head.... It has me scratching my head...

Thanks,
    Mike

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Did you change the Control Head ID's?

When powering on, there's a certain key combination which allows you to assign unique control head ID's so the radio can distinguish between the two heads.

Try the leftmost soft menu button plus the orange emergency button while powering the control head up. Do this to set the second control head from 1 to 2.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

I tried that, it doesn't work. All it did was put the head into remote mode. So, I changed the one working head to 2 thinking I can backdoor it... only for it not to work. Next, I tried to set up a single control head with the non-working one and it will not communicate at all...

Thanks

So after several hours of troubleshooting I figured out that the problem was in the control head. The CHIB to be exact... It only took about an hour of swapping parts out to narrow down the problem. Oh well, I see several jokes in the future using the intercom