Thread: Syntor X9000 - problem trying to modifying fixed scan list

jim202 No Longer Registered

Default Syntor X9000 - problem trying to modifying fixed scan list

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I still have not figured out how to modify a fixed scan list on a radio that has any ham channels in it once the radio has been programmed. If I try to go into the fixed scan list, either the computer won't let me make any changes or it crashes.

Is there a secret to do this or do you have to make sure the scan list is correct from the start?

What I have done in the past is to program in dummy frequencies into the radio that are in the normal frequency range first. Make sure I have the required 64 channels in the radio. Then make up my scan list and save it to the radio. Now go back, read the radio and put in the ham channels. If some where down the road of time, you want to change the scan list, your screwed.

Have tried several different versions of the software and so far, haven't found a solution. Currently have around 175 channels in the radio.

My other question is it would be nice to be able to have the expanded scan firmware to go to the 128 channels. But so far haven't been able to get a hold of a prom programmer to blow the firmware even if I had the source file. Think it takes a 27256 EEPROM but going from memory.

Jim

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,027 Posts

It takes the W930AA firmware. I have it here somewhere. Do you have the special RDPROG and CHPROG version that supports the 128 channel radios? When you use the J or Jump command, it should have a 3 digit entry and NOT a 2 digit entry, and the archive file .RDT when you save it is ONE BYTE larger. This is NOT the same as the version 8. something that can read this radio and the control head in the same program.

You will have to create a new codeplug from scratch for the correct functioning of the 128 channel codeplug to work correctly, but once you have the basic architecture written to the radio, you can read the radio and use either the ham version or the 210 channel version of RDPROG and CHPROG to make any changes, as it will work from the basic code you have created using the correct firmware.

It's been a long time since I have messed with this, and most of the contributions on the Batlabs site about the extended codeplug functions are mine, but I can answer most of your questions. I probably have the image files here somewhere if I can find my prom burner files....

One of my old companies had 125 of these special version X9000s with factory 128 mode setups, in all three bands. Lo, High and Uhf. You will need 8K control heads too, of course, HCN1036.

The factory 128 version is a no longer supported factory version, but the ham and 210 mode versions would be considered modded versions. Not sure what file posting policy is on these if they are needed, I would have to check with the site mods.

Word of caution: I see you mentioned you have far more than 128 modes in your radio. The upper limit for scan is still 128 PLUS the Highest Priority channel. If you add modes above about 160 or so, the radio can do strange things as you are getting into areas in the memory that will start to over write display or other parts. It will do 32 MPLs but the display is wacky. 210 modes is pushing the limits. I found it not to be too stable if every alpha character was used in every channel. At some point it just defaults to Mode XXX.

I may even have a couple of blown PROMS left here. I'll check. Why a fixed scan list and not user programmable? Are you trying to do different scan lists for different channels?

You still only get 16 channels as I recall, but it may be more than that. Its been a while.

Thanks

Hi!

These files should have everything you need.

The only difference is really the scan list. The 64 mode and 128 mode firmwares inside these files refer to that. You can still program more than 128 modes into the radio with any firmware (as long as you have the 8k eeprom.)

I've used this RSS to program 128 modes into a syntor, but haven't tried to edit a fixed scan list. This one is hacked and there are probably some issues with that.

Off topic for this thread, I know enough about the X9000 codeplug to contribute to a development to write new programming software. If someone wants to start on a new application or a module for CHIRP...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by com501 View Post
    You still only get 16 channels as I recall, but it may be more than that. Its been a while.
    This works a little differently than other moto radios (at least in the X9000 firmware I have tried.)

Instead of making a "list of channels in the scan list," the radio has a bitmap of 64/128 channels depending on the firmware. (This is one reason features go away when the 128 mode is used.) The priority channel is a byte and can hold any value from 0-255, so a channel numbered higher than 128 can be scanned as priority.

I know we hate on the spectra's 16 mode scan list, but these radios support multiple op select scan lists which the syntor won't ever do.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,027 Posts

One of the frustrating things when going from the X9000s to the Spectra was missing the way the scan list performed.....

Thanks

I found this in my notebook today, thought I would follow up here since I posted files above:

"RDPROG.EXE Bypass all range checks"
    Find 9A A8 09 45 42 75 07 C4 7E 0E 26 C6 05 00 89 EC
    change 75 07 to 90 90