Thread: Xtl-5000 basic radio control from a PC through rear acc connector rs232 lines

abispa No Longer Registered

Default Xtl-5000 basic radio control from a PC through rear acc connector rs232 lines

I have an xtl5000 with O5 CH. trying to find out AT commands set or any other way to control basic functions of the radio through the rear accessory connector using the rs232 lines. Looking to control zones, channels, repeater/direct and clear/secure.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

There is another post here wherein I describe the AT command set in fairly complete detail, but they don't really give you control of the radio per se, they just do things like report version numbers, reset the radio, or go into programming or tuning modes. The low level details of the programming or tuning control data has not been figured out to any great detail, yet. There is another post thread that deals with a remote control head type program, but I believe it's just for Astro Spectra's, not the XTL series. That may give some insight into what the RCMP or SCI bus protocols have to offer, but the fellow who wrote it has not released the source code publicly, at least not yet...