Thread: Battery/Charger Question...

Thanks

Default Battery/Charger Question...

Need a little guidance from you Moto experts out there. I recently picked up an XTS2500 which came with two batteries, but no charger. I don't believe the batteries are IMPRES batteries (I don't see the logo on them anywhere) and are model #'s NTN9857A & NTN9858A. Can anyone recommend which charger I should be using for these? I'm currently using a battery from my HT750 on the XTS but would like to get the proper charger for these guys. I found a fellow who has two NTN9858C batteries (which DO have the IMPRES logo on them) and an NTN1171A charger for sale.. But I was reading a heated debate on BL regarding whether or not the 1171A should be used with NiMH batteries. So now I'm totally confused... Any pointers greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 651 Posts

If the person who has the NTN1174A for sale was using it with Impress batteries then he is a moron and you don't want either his batteries or his charger. What you want is an Impres charger, namely a WPLN4114AR, with version 3.4 or later firmware. You can use that charger with your non-Impres batteries, and, if you want to upgrade to Impres, you will be ready to go.

Thanks

Excellent... thats the kind of info I was looking for, thanks!

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

The biggest reason he's a moron is because Impres batteries have logging devices in them and keep track of charging history. Charging them in non-Impres chargers will shorten or void the warranties on the batteries, and may harm the batteries depending on how stupid the charger is.

Thanks

...and that's why I wanted to double check here before going any further! Thanks guys