Thread: MCS2000 Pin25 max current output

Chef Flambe No Longer Registered

Default MCS2000 Pin25 max current output

I have a lack of service manuals for the MCS2000.
    Does anyone know what the max current output is on Pin25 of the belly plug (discriminator output)?
    Also, when changing the TX Secure Discriminator setting in the tuning software, does that increase the amplitude of the output (as would be expected) or does it adjust the offset?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 487 Posts

typically the current output of the pins is 250ma. I would suggest you buffer the pin through a different transistor for any aplication requiring a larger current load. The discriminator setting should adjust the amplitude.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 739 Posts

Current??? The disc out should not be considered ANY kind of drive source - treat it as a high-impedance level output, it should not try to drive anything more than a few mA at the MOST, like the input of a logic gate or transistor as Notorola suggested. Load on the pin shoud be in the 1k-10K ohm range, no more.

Thanks

I was thinking of some type of matching transformer type application where DC bias is needed or the output being used as a detector as well as an discriminator. Normally the outputs like discriminator are isolated through a capcitor anyway.

Chef Flambe No Longer Registered

That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure it was meant to go into an high impedence. Trying to design a circuit that will pump the amplitude up a little as we're only seeing 0.5Vpp and need it to be in the area of 1-3Vpp.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks

Use a LM741 opamp, simple low current chip with nice gain and audio.

hakantok No Longer Registered

I am convinced with Alpha comments. We can use any signal conditioning circuit at Pin number 25. Key signal conditioning technologies provide distinct enhancements to both the performance and accuracy of data acquisition systems.