Thread: CDM1550 noise

Thanks

Default CDM1550 noise

Hey guys, I'm looking at a CDM1550 that's on an LTR system; TX audio is fine, but RX is very spotty. Only way I can describe it is sounding very scratchy/hissy. Sometimes it works no problem and the audio sounds perfect, but other times - forget it. It isn't the system as it sounds fine on another radio. Also noticing that when it happens, the "S-Meter" goes anywhere from nothing to full, although it isn't related to a weak signal as the transmitter is very close (and other radios hear it without an antenna). Almost sounds as if it is horribly off frequency. The radio in question has been in 24x7 use for at least 7 years.

Edit: This is something that's only started within the last week. I'll see what I can do about posting an audio sample at some point.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 455 Posts

sounds like an alignement issue or a bad IF xtal.

Thanks

Well, the response from the radio shop has been "must be a user in the area on the same frequency". Um, no. It isn't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 455 Posts

Find another shop?? This fault sounds like a componant failure or possibly a cold solder joint. I have fixed numerous weird issues by simply going over the circuit board witha hotair gun and reheating the connections.