Thread: Cloning a capacity plus codeplug

Thanks

Default Cloning a capacity plus codeplug

Greetings guys. I have not encountered capacity plus trunking before, and have to add it to a radio. It's a two channel system with five or so talkgroups.

I tried copying/pasting the zone from a known good source (and contact list, capacity plus list, channel pool, etc) but the channels were displaying unprogrammed in the target radio. Tried to clone the codeplug instead of copy/paste, and same results. Conventional channels copied fine. Both radios have capacity plus (XPR6550s) . Source FW is 1.6.10, target is 1.9.10.

Ideas on what I am missing? No option board in either radio. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jay; Apr 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: clarification

Thanks
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,027 Posts

Start from the top down.

You will need to assign the channel pool in the same order as the original codeplug, and name it exactly the same.

You must make sure your contact names are the same.

You may have to STILL go in and assign contact names to each channel per zone, as mixed zones may clone only one type of channel first, ie: digital conventional and not CapPlus or CapPLus and not dig conv or similar.

When you get ALL done, do a thorough side by side comparison, and remember, that the ID of the new radio MUST be unique.

If you get stuck, you may need to post both codeplugs here, someone can certainly help you. I maintain several capplus systems, one contains eleven zones, with two complete 12 channel voice plus data systems, analog conventional, digital conventional and IPSC.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Does the location of the channel pool (above or below the zone) make a difference? You wouldn't think it would...

I'm going to go through it with a fine toothed comb tomorrow. Figured that cloning the codeplug over everything would straighten it up, but not the case.

Thanks

Is your radio ID > 65,535? That'll cause issues if so. As far as the order of the channel pool it doesn't make a difference in my experience.

Thanks

Yup, in cap plus the radio ID MUST be less than 65535. In fact, I don't even think it will load that zone, come to think of it....

Thanks

I know at least with older CPS it would take an ID >65k and wouldn't give you any warnings at all when configuring a capacity plus system. The problem I was having is the system would be in the radio when I would power it up but somewhere over the next couple of minutes it would disappear. So you would turn it on, select a talkgroup and put the radio down... come back a few minutes later and the display would show 'UNPROGRAMMED'. That one made me scratch my head for a bit!

Thanks

You guys nailed it....The RID was way too high. Fixed that and now we are good to go. I was not aware of this limitation. Many thanks!

Thanks

Download the system planner. It is a great reference tool. My only problem with it is I had to print it out and put it in a binder. Mines full of post it stickies and highlighter....