Thread: Nexedge NX-series overwrite password protection problem.

Artee99 No Longer Registered

Default Nexedge NX-series overwrite password protection problem.

Unfortunately i'm a new owner of password read/write protected NX800 radio. I search through internet and still didn't find solution to this problem. Do you have any suggestion ow to programm radio with new data? I'm not interested to read what is programmed i just wanna to write new data and overwrite existing. I looked in the transmision between PC and radio and found some way to find the password and this moment i'm writing a C code with my version of programing software. i hope it'll work but any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Most kenwood radios will allow you to write a new or cloned codeplug over the PW codeplug in the unit. Once you get your program working feel free to post it. It may be usable on other Kenwood product lines especially if it monitors and logs the comport activity. There are programs like portmon and wireshark that will do this but they are generic and require fishing through the data to locate an attempted PW and from there the Pw read from the radio for comparison. A custom program that works by looking for a specific peice of data would greatly simplify the search.

Thanks

There IS a working hack out there for the Kenwood CPS to overwrite/blow through the Password Protect Read/Write screen. I will look for it later and post it so long nobody else minds.

Acworth,Ga (North Cobb) BEAT 411 Z1/Z1/Station 26
    Thanks

Artee99 please email me k4svt@me.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 992 Posts

Yes, we know you have the serial number for the engineering install mode. Please. PLEASE tell us how this works. When I look at the overwrite file for a TK7180 with a specific serial number, I see the software serial number embedded as part of the codeplug file I am writing to the radio. It is all 9's. Is there a clue there anywhere for anyone? Anyone know how to calculate the checksum for the serial number? I haven't had time to play with this.

Thanks

AFleetingGlimpse : you can post the hack here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 992 Posts

YES! Please! There are several of us dying to look at this! TIA!

Thanks

Guys,

I am actively looking for the file. I didn't forget about the thread - the doc I need is on a different computer than this one. I will post it just as soon as I locate it.

AFG

Artee99 No Longer Registered

I've looked through RS transmission from RS to Radio and vv. Radio is waitng for a encrypted password from computer. It's compare with internal store number and radio response with ok or not. So there's no way to find the password as it isn't transmited via RS. So if i have both read/write protected radio there's no easy way to find it.