Thread: Saber SI help

Thanks

Default Saber SI help

Hello all I have a old Saber SI with the power off problem, aka soft power off. When you turn the radio off it wont power down unless you remove the battery or push a side button. I recall there was a problem with currupt s/w or radio code plug ?? Could someone please refresh my memory on this please, Thanks for your help....

Thanks

a Quote from Batlabs

I have messed with a lot of Saber SI's The problem you experienced was a programming issue. All of the SI radios I bought had this same issue. Most of the time the cause of it was someone not using the right software to program it triggering off this issue. Now with your radio having 300 or so Mw while idle indicates a bad PA or other RF board problem. Now knowing this, a bad PA or high current draw in idle will not cause what you experienced. Here is what triggers off your issue.

here is the full posting link
    http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82292

Thanks

Thank you for the reply, The radio did work fine untill I programmed it at one point with the SI s/w. Since I have had to revert back to using the MTSX etc s/w, the radio works fine as a MTSX but I would like to get it back to normal and the extra top switch working. I will read the link Thanks again......

Thanks

Ok I have read that post over there before and tried to get help from him with no response in the past. Does any one have a old Saber SI that works normal that could or would send me a copy of there codeplug ?? Just PM me Thanks again for all the help....

Thanks

A lot of the posts at BL are old (more than a year old) many of the authors have either abandonded BL and may be here or have moved on to other projects.

to get the radio to work as a SI you may ned to loacate another SI codeplug or srecord and program that to your radio. the fact that it thinks ifs a MTSX tells you that everything in the radio is fine and all you need is the correct image to be loaded. Dont forget to read and save your tuning info.

Thanks

Yes sir that is what I am in need of now, Thanks...