Thread: MTC3600 clocking signal

Chef Flambe No Longer Registered

Default MTC3600 clocking signal

I've asked related questions in reference to the maximum/norms for the output of the MCS2000 on the MCS threads but realized I should have asked the big question here, what do I NEED.

Have a MTC3600 being used at a Rx-only simulcast system. It's getting it's clocking signal from a MCS2000.

What does the MTC3600 expect for a good clocking signal? I.E. peak-peak voltage of signal and/or any dc offsets? What sort of limits can it work with?

I've been given some great ideas about how to condition the output of the MCS2000 but I should probably find out what I should be aiming for first before I design something to tweak it.

Thanks.

Thanks

MTC3600 clocking from MCS2000? Wha?????????? That doesn't make any sense.

Chef Flambe No Longer Registered

Remote site...Rx only. Guess it was a way to keep costs down? Technically you only really need the clock signal for proper Tx sync right in a Simulcast system?
    At any rate, MCS2000 radios are being used for clocking. I know that they put out a 4.5 Vdc with about a 250-500mV clock signal ontop of that when the Secure Rx is max'd out in the tuning software.

Still want to know what the MTC3600 wants as an "ideal" input for a clock source.

Thanks

Hi,

Found from some notes:

MCS2000 Model I does not support clocking radio operation. MCS2000 Models II and III ordered with Trunking software (H36-H38) are capable of the Clocking operation.
    When programmed for 'Site Clocking', the MCS2000 will lock onto the programmed trunked system control channel and will not respond to any control channel information.
    The clocking function is used to be a timing device for the control channels to enhance system performance.

To program an MCS2000 mobile radio for use as a 'Clocking' radio using RVN4175 CPS, expand 'Trunking' branches, open 'Trunking Config', select 'VOC' tab:
    VOC capable = Uncheck
    VOC RSSI Acceptable Threshold = 0
    VOC Lock Time to = 255 sec
    On the General sub-menu tab, set Coverage Type = Disabled

About MTC-3600, maybe you could find more info in this manual,6881001Y35-F Simulcast Supplement to the MTC 3600.

Thanks

Damn. You learn something new every day. I've never worked with a trunked RX-only site, so I would have never come across this.