Thread: amp set up help

Dean No Longer Registered

Default amp set up help

Have a Vocomm amp that was a business band repeater amp 450-470 MHZ. Would like to convert to 400 mhz ham repeater amp. Have been looking for schmedics and other info with no results. Called them and they just wanted to sell me a new one. Any Ideas what it would take. I have pulled the specs on all 4 transistors and they are broadband enough to go down that far. Is the amp tuned on the input or the output for band use.
    Thanks
    Dean

Thanks

What's the output freq of your repeater? Don't think it's 400 Mhz. If you are high output in the band ( 447-449.995), shouldn't have to touch it. If you are low output ( 445 or lower) it might require a tune IF there are variable caps on the input and output circuits. If it is a broadband stripline type of tuned circuit, it probably will work in the band with no issue. Chances are you can find info on Vocom amps on repeater-builder.com

Dean No Longer Registered

$00 mhz was just the range It transmits at 442.55. I have it apart and has no adjustable caps. When I was testing it it would only put out 75 and its a 100 watt amp. I have been looking all over and cant find anyone who has posted any mods for Vocom amps yet.
    Thanks
    For the help

Thanks

75 watts isn't enough? I'm using a 100 watt TPL amp tuned for 457 mhz, but using it to tx at 447 mhz. It's putting out 88 watts, & that's enough for me. I'd leave it alone. GARY