Thread: GPS Mic issue

Thanks

Default GPS Mic issue

I just got one of the GPS mics for my XTS5000 and I am charging it up right now. It has been charging for about 3 hours and has been making a beeping, like a low battery beep. I might be jumping ahead on this, but I am curious. I am assuming that the battery in the mic hasn't charged fully yet. I also want to make sure that I won't be transmitting data over the air with this. I enabled the two boxes under location control and nothing else. All I am looking for is to bring up my location coordinates when I need them, nothing over the air as we don't have the capabilities to use the data anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,796 Times in 2,413 Posts

Charging: Wait and see.

GPS coordinates: Enable the LOC soft-menu in your codeplug. It will allow you to enable the GPS function, and retrieve (refresh) the data.

It will not transmit it over the air unless dispatch polls you for it.

Thanks

Perfect. Exactly what I had hoped. Wasn't 100% sure on the beeping, but was definitely low battery. As I was watching it, it only seemed to beep after it attempted to get a location, so got me a little concerned. Doesn't help that I couldn't find any instructions online. Thanks for your help Mars.

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

If you're interested in a bit more there was a thread on this a while back:

http://www.p25.ca/threads/1622-XTS-5000-GPS-Function
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right