Thread: EFJ 5100 v1 TMS

sloosecannon No Longer Registered

Default EFJ 5100 v1 TMS

So, I got a 5100 version 1 (1.20.6 to be exact)... And I'm trying to program it to do P25 Text Messaging. So, the codeplug goes in fine from PCC 2.10.2, and... It doesn't work. Button gives a beep when pressed, in the menu, it says "unprogrammed". I assume this is a firmware problem, as an identical codeplug works fine on a V4 and a SL. Unit call works fine though. Any way to fix or am I SOL? Is 1.20.6 the latest for the version 1 5100s?

Sent from my GT-P3113 on CM10.1 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

I don't think the series 1 radios supported text messaging. That didn't start until the series 4.

Quote Originally Posted by IntrinsicallySafe View Post
    I don't think the series 1 radios supported text messaging. That didn't start until the series 4.
    And that's exactly what I was afraid of. Darn.

Sent from my XT907 on CM10.1 using Tapatalk 4 beta

Thanks

Where in PCC is the text messaging feature? Does it require trunking or a repeater or does it work in simplex?

Quote Originally Posted by broadcom View Post
    Where in PCC is the text messaging feature? Does it require trunking or a repeater or does it work in simplex?
    Can't speak to trunking as I've never used it - I'm a CAP guy and all we have is simplex and repeater...
    It works over simplex but not repeater - I doubt our quantars are configured for data.

This one just shows "unprogrammed" though. That's why I suspect it's not supported by firmware

It's just a menu/shortcut key option. If you have p25 data, you can use it.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

Text messaging is a conventional only feature. It is not supported in trunking... yet. At least from what I have heard.