Thread: Astro Saber II help

saberthree No Longer Registered

Default Astro Saber II help

Hello everyone, I have an Astro Saber II radio, I unsuccessfully tried to reprogram...I've used radios all the time in my work place and while I was active duty. The only convenience I had were FPP radios that are straight up easy to program. Once I got involved with CPS.....its a different story. I can read the radio, but for some reason it will not allow me to program...any ideas?

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

So what actually happens when you go to write the codeplug?
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

it just sits there, and says cant write. I think im Using a screwed up cable

Thanks

I would agree on the cable. The only other possibility is that since the RSS runs in dos maybe there is a timing issue where the radio will read but wont write. If you can list the error code or be a bit more specific on the error seen someone can give a bit more help.

Thanks

Are you possibly trying to use a saber cable on a astro saber? There is 1 pin different between the two.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

never mind guys........as lame as it sounds, my dog chewed up the power cable to my toughbook!!!! :-( so much for a toughbook being tough!!! I hoped the dog would at least get electrocuted in the process! I'll repost as soon as i get a new cable for my toughbook. Thank you guys for trying to help me though, I greatly appreciate it