Thread: MDC1200 Decode on XTS2500 not working

Thanks

Question MDC1200 Decode on XTS2500 not working

Tearing out what's left of my hair, here....
    I've got an XTS2500 that is set up for MDC1200 on a dozen channels. However, it only seems to decode PTT-ID on one of them, and doesn't do DOS at all (you can always hear the MDC chirp data, while on my HT1250, MCS2000, and MT2000 it's muted to a quick chirp). All the channels are using the same MDC System and MDC Call List, and other than frequency and tones are set up the same. Any ideas on what else I can check? I have an HT1250 that is set up the same way that has no problem decoding MDC (and muting) MDC on all channels...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 484 Posts

on the other personalities try this delete everything but the working one. next on the "cur" tab on the bottom and then add in your other personalities. This will "clone' the parameters. BTW in the zone feild you can select personality on multiple channels.

for the MDC mute feature check that mdc system>dos is checked off.

Thanks

I've noticed the same thing on my 5000. For some reason, myradio does not decode as well on narrowband channels, yet our CDM1250s at work decode every time. Before the channel narrowbanded, my radio would decode pretty much every single time.

Thanks

narrowbanding changes the deviation and levels. if the mDC is wideband then the channels will need to be programmed as wideband.

Thanks

Surprisingly, I took the radio out of the office and away from the computers, and it started decoding again on all channels. I'm guessing that it was picking up just enough interference from the computers to muck up the MDC signal (and hashing the audio a little bit as well). The HT1250 doesn't seem to suffer from the computer noise, however...

Thanks

Happy you located the issue.

Just as an FYI for all readers, all help offered in all threads we assume that the radio is working correctly and is not suffering from interfearance or other issues like bad batterys or similar external issues.