Thread: MTS2000 & Type I System

MexicanDepot No Longer Registered

Lightbulb MTS2000 & Type I System

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the MTS, however, from playing around with a codeplug - it seems as though I cannot call on a sub fleet type scan list from a conventional personality.

Does this seem right?

Also, if I park the radio on a subfleet and enable tx inhibit - would my radio communicate with the system?

Thanks for your time!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,701 Times in 2,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanDepot View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the MTS, however, from playing around with a codeplug - it seems as though I cannot call on a sub fleet type scan list from a conventional personality.

Does this seem right?

Also, if I park the radio on a subfleet and enable tx inhibit - would my radio communicate with the system?

Thanks for your time!
    Can't answer your first question, but the second one: Affiliation is generally not required on non-smartzone systems. So yes, you could TX inhibit and monitor the crusty old type 1 system, no problem.

Same goes with Smartnet. You can disable affiliation, enable TX inhibit.

Got it.

I kinda had the feeling that affiliation, TXing to the system, and Individual ID's wouldn't come into play at all if my aim is simply to be a passive listener.

Thanks Mars, really appreciate it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 533 Posts

What is the flashcode of your MTS2000? They usually don't play nice on pure type I systems unless they were specifically flashed for it. You can usually setup a type I personality as a IIi. These were primarily Smartnet and Smartzone radios not Privacy Plus, it's been a while but I think I actually have a model 1 actually flashed for PP. I'll have to dig it out and try to read it.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,701 Times in 2,391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MTS2000DES View Post
    What is the flashcode of your MTS2000? They usually don't play nice on pure type I systems unless they were specifically flashed for it. You can usually setup a type I personality as a IIi. These were primarily Smartnet and Smartzone radios not Privacy Plus, it's been a while but I think I actually have a model 1 actually flashed for PP. I'll have to dig it out and try to read it.
    You are correct about a specific flash for Type I features. It is represented as xx4xxx-xxxxxx-x in the flashcode. It enables PP trunking. A nice whored MTS2000 has 23D108-10C600-2. I've attached a whored-out codeplug with this option for anyone who wants to play. MTS2000 R02.03.00 CPS required.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Radio # 1 has the H45 option in the flash
    Radio # 2 is just an H38 SZ package

Radio # 2 is going out for firmware and a whorejob

Thanks for the info everyone!