Thread: MCC7500 GPOIM Query

pforbes No Longer Registered

Default MCC7500 GPOIM Query

Hello folks. Here's an MCC7500 Query:
    On the GPOIM, the Phone Jack has pin 1 & 2 and 7 & 8 shown as Aux In A/B- and +, respectively.

Can anyone let me know if either, or which, can be utilized as an Off-Hook input so as to feed the analog telephone Tx and Rx audio to the Operators Headset and push the Radio Rx to the Unselect Speaker?

We're going to be getting MCC7500's in a while and there's conflicting information being floated about.

Thanks

Are you sure you will be getting a GPIOM? That is old tech and has been replaced by the VPM. If you will be getting the VPM's then yes one of those pairs is off hook to do exactly what you are wanting to do. If it is in fact GPIOM based 7500's then I think it will still work, but not 100%. The newest mcc7500 with vpm service manual for Astro release 7.13 has the exact pinout but its pretty easy to get by trial.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Yes, you're right and thanks for that confirmation. We'll likely get the VPM but the old 7500 manual is all I've found. Have you a more recent version of that manual I might play with?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Are you sure you will be getting a GPIOM? That is old tech and has been replaced by the VPM. If you will be getting the VPM's then yes one of those pairs is off hook to do exactly what you are wanting to do. If it is in fact GPIOM based 7500's then I think it will still work, but not 100%. The newest mcc7500 with vpm service manual for Astro release 7.13 has the exact pinout but its pretty easy to get by trial.

Thanks

"Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Fabulous! Thanks! Explored it quickly and found that the P.A. port doesn't seem to be there. Is it just misnomered? Or no longer there?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

Thanks

It does not appear to be included. What would you use it for anyway? There's probably another way to do what your looking to do.

The idea is to simplify matters. Our Comm Ctr (15-18 operators) has a Valcom PA system so as to call throughout the two floors for any dozing staff in the even of a major incident developing during the night. One of the two Captains needs to leave their position to get the desk mic some twenty feet away. What I wanted to do was to employ the P.A. feature in the Elite software/hardware to eliminate that effort. The PA port is gone now?

Thanks

I have not seen it on any of the VPM based units. You can accomplish the same thing using a analog port on a CCGW. It will give to tx and rx audio, ptt and a cor input.

Nuts! Oh well. I already was planning on using a port like that for the Entrance Intercom connection. Why do they insist on taking away useful items? No, not every system utilizes a PA, but when it's asked for and a 'work-around' needs to accommodate it, now that's not right. It's not like it saves them any money.

fede_balmaceda No Longer Registered

Hello friends! from Argentina's greeting, I was wondering if someone could place a telephone line at a MCC7500. Here we have a motorola p25 M3 and would be very useful to have on consoles with a phone line. unfortunately we could set up a phone line on consoles. I hope you can give me a help. Greetings!

Thanks

fede_balmaceda, 7.13 can do it on a 7500, although I have no experience with this set up. Here are the notes from the 7.13 feature release:

RN_CCMPD-00001491
    Abstract: Enhanced console telephony
    System Platforms Affected: ASTRO 25 7.13
    Special Configurations: N/A
    Description: The MCC 7500 console telephony feature enables dispatchers to access telephone lines directly from their dispatch positions, providing support for functions such as:
    • Answering and initiating phone calls
    • Using different ring tones to distinguish which line is ringing
    • Initiating outgoing calls using:
    o Manual dialing
    o Speed dialing
    o Phone book dialing
    o Redial dialing
    • Caller ID Display
    • Call Transfer
    • Call Forward
    • Call Hold
    • Patch
    • DTMF Overdial
    • Go Ahead Tones
    This option provides full duplex functionality from console to landline, while the radio retains half duplex functionality.

fede_balmaceda No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by kb0uxv View Post
    fede_balmaceda, 7.13 can do it on a 7500, although I have no experience with this set up. Here are the notes from the 7.13 feature release:

RN_CCMPD-00001491
    Abstract: Enhanced console telephony
    System Platforms Affected: ASTRO 25 7.13
    Special Configurations: N/A
    Description: The MCC 7500 console telephony feature enables dispatchers to access telephone lines directly from their dispatch positions, providing support for functions such as:
    • Answering and initiating phone calls
    • Using different ring tones to distinguish which line is ringing
    • Initiating outgoing calls using:
    o Manual dialing
    o Speed dialing
    o Phone book dialing
    o Redial dialing
    • Caller ID Display
    • Call Transfer
    • Call Forward
    • Call Hold
    • Patch
    • DTMF Overdial
    • Go Ahead Tones
    This option provides full duplex functionality from console to landline, while the radio retains half duplex functionality.
    thanks kb0uxv. I also have the data of 7.13 but wanted to see if there was anything for mcc 7.11

anyway I could solve the problem by putting a phone line to console CCGW site.

Thank you very much for your support!