Thread: Arbitrary FPP problem...

Thanks

Default Arbitrary FPP problem...

Sorry if I missed a previous post (yeah, I searched) but has anyone come across an issue
    where *SOME* modes (as near as I can tell, previously programmed modes) don't allow
    changes? I just noticed after upgrading an XTS5K from 17.01.02/1 to 19.50.00. Channels
    that haven't been previouslly "FPP'd" program fine; pre-existing ones won't allow changes.
    You can enter new freqs/tones/NACs, etc. but they don't "take".... Am I being a moron and
    having a brain fart or is this some new FW bug I've come across (pleeease be the former!)

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,037 Times in 1,027 Posts

Yes, did you use a USB key or did you manually flash it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchy View Post
    Sorry if I missed a previous post (yeah, I searched) but has anyone come across an issue
    where *SOME* modes (as near as I can tell, previously programmed modes) don't allow
    changes? I just noticed after upgrading an XTS5K from 17.01.02/1 to 19.50.00. Channels
    that haven't been previouslly "FPP'd" program fine; pre-existing ones won't allow changes.
    You can enter new freqs/tones/NACs, etc. but they don't "take".... Am I being a moron and
    having a brain fart or is this some new FW bug I've come across (pleeease be the former!)

Thanks.
    Can I ask why you are randomly inserting soft returns in your posts? Stop doing it. It is annoying reading your posts.

Thanks

Then don't read them. Moron. Talk about anal-retentive...

Thanks

So what's a soft return?

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 739 Posts

Actually those would be hard returns. Soft returns are the ones at the right hand side of the screen or column that the text of a line that is too long gets broken into like this one you are reading right now. I have not hit the return key (hard return) yet. OK, now here's a hard return.
    See? That ends the line early. That's the difference between soft and hard returns. We tend to like soft returns here, since the forum windows will change where the soft returns are in the line as you re-size the windows, shuffling the text up or down as necessary to keep things looking nice. Pez is being anal, this is true but calling him out may have been unwise...

Thanks

That's how my screen looks. Sorry if he doesn't like it.....

Thanks

We figured this out, radio has some invalid settings in the codeplug. When we figure out which one, we'll post it.

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

That's how my screen looks. Sorry if he doesn't like it.....
    If your screen is that narrow, then just get out of the habit of hitting return at EOL. Let it wrap.

To you it will look the same, and it won't look crappy for everyone else!

(I use to use hard returns too, it took a while to get used to not using them, but it can be overcome.)

Thanks

Not a problem! (and thanks for asking nicely)

I'll report back soon when I discover what parameter is hosing FPP (appears to be restricted to a single customer's codeplug).

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

I am very curious too. That sounds like very weird FPP issue...

Thanks

Then don't read them. Moron. Talk about anal-retentive...
    The name calling is both unwise and inappropriate. What resolution are you running? 640x480? When you type a document in Word do you press return after every line or let the software wrap the line automatically? This isn't 1972, you aren't typing on a typewriter so you can stop typing like a moron. Talk about the pot call the kettle black.

I can even
    type appropriately
    on a cell phone
    see how stupid
    i look
    I'm having
    a seizure and
    randomly
    pressing the
    return key.

Obviously that is an exaggeration but perhaps now you can see what your posts look like to everyone else with a normal monitor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,590 Times in 874 Posts

Not a problem! (and thanks for asking nicely)
    You're concerned with people asking nicely, yet you first resort to juvenile name-calling?

apco25guy No Longer Registered

What's wrong with people around here? Like it or not, this still is a forum supplied by OTHERS and paid for by OTHERS while providing useful and helpful information for free. I owned and operated a vbulletin forum and there are LOTS of costs that us users don't see. The way I see it the mods/admins can dictate any type of "way" they want. Being rude about their response, however it's worded, is like walking into someone's house and telling them how they should have built it.

Either put up or go elsewhere. Put your big boy panties on and chill out. Certainly don't bad mouth the mods/admins. That's just rude.

:ff the soap box now::

standardmissile No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Pezking View Post
    The name calling is both unwise and inappropriate. What resolution are you running? 640x480? When you type a document in Word do you press return after every line or let the software wrap the line automatically? This isn't 1972, you aren't typing on a typewriter so you can stop typing like a moron. Talk about the pot call the kettle black.

I can even
    type appropriately
    on a cell phone
    see how stupid
    i look
    I'm having
    a seizure and
    randomly
    pressing the
    return key.

Obviously that is an exaggeration but perhaps now you can see what your posts look like to everyone else with a normal monitor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Hard returns and Soft returns. Oh god I hated having to deal with that excess formatting data in Corel Wordperfect way back in the 90s.

Thanks

What is this enter key? I use CTRL-M

BOT-

I have never heard of this issue, but if you zapflashed it, weird things can happen.

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Technoweenie View Post
    What is this enter key? I use CTRL-M

BOT-

I have never heard of this issue, but if you zapflashed it, weird things can happen.
    You have an "Ctrl" Key? Luxury! I use ALT-013!

BTW, there is no such thing as "zapflash" unless you were being ironic. The bootloader is called "FlashZap" and it's useful to initiate an upgrade without using an i-Button.

This is referred to as a "Dirty" upgrade because it doesn't do tuning, secure or codeplug upgrades, HOST and DSP flash only. Definitely not the optimal way to do it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    You have an "Ctrl" Key? Luxury! I use ALT-013!

BTW, there is no such thing as "zapflash" unless you were being ironic. The bootloader is called "FlashZap" and it's useful to initiate an upgrade without using an i-Button.

This is referred to as a "Dirty" upgrade because it doesn't do tuning, secure or codeplug upgrades, HOST and DSP flash only. Definitely not the optimal way to do it.
    zapflash, flashzap.... 6 of one, half dozen of the other

My point being, if firmware was updated, expecting a codeplug location change/update, (or vice-versa), crazy crap can happen.

While most of us are aware of the major issues, there are tons of small issues that get overlooked, this is probably one of those fw/codeplug mismatch 'issues', if he did a dirty upgrade.

Just an educated guess, since it worked fine before.

I find it weird though that /\/\ has issues with programming, in general, Ie codeplug corruption. Most progs I know will read the old data, cache it, write the new data, read the new data to make sure it matches, then move onto the next block, then flush the cache when done. If an error occurs, it goes back to the beginning block and rewrites the old data from the cache. Does /\/\ not do this?

A corrupt CPG is possible, but it seems too coincidental to me, and seems more likely related to a zipfizz..