Thread: ftl-1,2 and 7011 problem

bayfire300 No Longer Registered

Default ftl-1,2 and 7011 problem

Hello everyone,
    I am very new here my name is Otto.
    I recently got an FTL-1011 2011 and 7011 and I am having troubles programming. I have the CE7 software running in DOS on an old laptop, my cable is a usb type.
    I keep getting check front panel error when trying to read radio.
    I did order a serial cable I am hoping thats the problem.
    Any info or tips greatly appreciated
    Thank you
    Otto

mikem No Longer Registered

Ce-7 is used for 99 channel LCD models and ce-5 software for the 4/12/24 channel models. The error message you receive is typical of the wrong programming software being used or the wrong cable, I have never seen a USB style cable for these radios, only the serial cable.
    Last edited by mikem; May 17, 2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: left out info

I was hoping it is the cable. I ordered a serial.....I do have the 99ch lcd. Thanks for your help
    Otto

mikem No Longer Registered

Ok you have the correct programming software but yes that USB cable is weird because i have only had success with serial cables with my ftl's

I'm curious now but where did you pick up the cable that you have, just so I can avoid whomever sells it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    Ok you have the correct programming software but yes that USB cable is weird because i have only had success with serial cables with my ftl's

I'm curious now but where did you pick up the cable that you have, just so I can avoid whomever sells it in the future.
    I got the USB cable off E-BAY. I thought at the time it would work apparently not........I hope the serial cable does. I should get it in a few days

Thanks
    Otto

Thanks

If you are running in pure DOS, there is no USB support without external drivers (if that's even possible?)

I'd consider myself very DOS proficient, I cut my teeth on it. But I've never tried accessing USB devices via DOS.

I got the Serial cable and all worked well.
    Thanks for your help.
    Otto