So, after talking to Kenwood, I found out there is a form you can fill out from which will give you differing on the radio, either a special "WDE" file or a "W-License" tool. The WDE file requires you in the form to submit with proper proof to Kenwood with a list of your wideband frequencies. The W-License tool I am not sure about yet as my radio, the NX320, will have its W-license tool available in June 2013. I'm going to submit the form for the wideband stuff my organisation uses and will report back on what the WDE file actually is.

Anyone else have anything on this?

Requesting a W-License or WDE File_V1000.pdf