Thread: List of MTS2000 Flash options

standardmissile No Longer Registered

Default List of MTS2000 Flash options

Anyone have a list of MTS2000 flashport options? A buddy just got one off of fleabay and unfortunately has now come to me for support.

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,520 Times in 850 Posts

Digit/Byte Select
    Options
    Option Code & Description
    D12 B2 H260 250 Mode Capability (Models II & III)
    D11 B1 H169 Quik Call II Decode/Singletone/Repeater Access
    D11 B2 H451 GE STAR
    D10 B1 H43 Trunked Remote Monitor/Radio Trace
    D10 B3 H45 SmartNet Type I Features
    D10 B4 H46 Trunked One Touch Status Message
    D9 B1 H39 Selective Radio Inhibit
    D7 B1 H35 Conventional Systems Operation
    D7 B2 H36 Startsite Operation
    D7 B3 H37 SmartNet Systems Operation
    D7 B4 H38 SmartZone Systems Operation
    D6 B1 Q181 MDC Start-Alert Decode Features
    D4 B3 H738 MDC Start-Alert Encode Features
    D4 B4 Q190 Channel Change/Variable IDs
    D3 B2 Q387 Conventional Voting Scan
    D3 B3 Q173 SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation

http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/

[Note: post edited by Mars -- fixed formatting of table so it displays properly in "dark" theme, and removed Smart Messaging and International Radio flash options -- they are invalid]

Thanks.

I also managed to DL the latest CPS off of here and have found that it issues a error when I attempt to execute it. Installed on my Win7 x64 laptop, and run with NT 4.0 SP5, 2000, and XP SP1-2 compatibility modes with admin privilidges to no avail. I checked that the AV was not holding it up, and that kernel DEP had an exception for it. Am I missing something here, like the Astro Saber CPS is also installed, or that its going into a "Program Files (x86)" instead of "Program Files" dictated by the x86 architecture it was initially designed for?

MTS2000 Error.jpg

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,520 Times in 850 Posts

Some folks have reported success running MTS2000 CPS under Windows 7 in various configurations, including compatibility mode. Other folks have had problems. Seems like you're one of those other folks.

MTS2000 CPS isn't officially supported in Windows 7. Based on this, my two recommendations would be to get a Win XP box to run it on, or run XP in a virtual machine on Win 7.

I run CPS in a VM on Mac OS X - works great this way, although my primary machine for programming radios is a Win XP box dedicated to that task.

Thanks

It must be run in a VM on a 64bit machine.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    It must be run in a VM on a 64bit machine.
    This. I just upgraded my laptop to Win7 x32, and all of my CPS functions properly. This includes MTS/MCS, P1225, and all of the recent packages. Win7 x64 has a different file structure that doesn't play well with the older installers.

I figured out what the issue was, and it seems to have resolved the issue with Astro Saber/Spectra CPS as well. The laptop it was being installed on lacked a valid COM port in the device registry. Once a PCMCIA to RS232 adapter card was installed it nipped the problem in the bud. The overall layout in how the OS allows applications to talk to ports was changed in the XP (NT 5.1) to Vista (NT 6.0) kernel change, but did not from Vista to Seven (NT 6.1). It had nothing to do with the x64 architecture as WoW64 seems to handle the translation of the 32 bit code just fine.