Thread: ADP software encryp.

beaux No Longer Registered

Default ADP software encryp.

Can someone tell me how I go about getting the ADP software encryption on my XTL 2500?
    i thought it was with a flash but that did not do it.
    Do I need to update the firmware? If this is the case then who can tell me how I do this?
    Thanks for any info you guys have on this!

Thanks

Can you please post your flashcode and firmware versions.

Yes no problem. I can do that tomorrow. I realized I should have posted that info originally.
    But stand by for that info tomorrow.
    Thanks

OK here is the info:

Flashcode: 509008-000480-1
    Firmware: R17.01.01

Thanks

There is no ADP in that flash code. You would need a feature upgrade which is done with an I-button. You purchse the ADP upgrade from Motorola and they send you the configuration files on a CD with the I-button USB dongle and you follow the instructions to flash the radio with the new features, which in your case would be just the ADP, or you could take it to a Motorola Dealer and have them do it.

Ok, Thanks for your help jpu.
    And Bob... Thank you for your offer. I am in Central Texas so let me look around for someone close if not then I will give you a PM.
    Thanks again guys!!

Thanks

RK has been removed from this forum for rules violations. Our TOS states we will not defraud a manufacturer out of revenue on a currently supported product. This was clearly violated by his offer. Perhaps it could be argued that doing it to your own radio is one thing but when he said his guy could do it "cheaper than Motorola" that clearly crossed the line. ADP is a very inexpensive software option and any MR should be able to order the ibutton needed to add it to your radio.

No prob "xpr8300" I completely understand. And thanks for the help too!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,027 Posts

In order to purchase an ibutton for the software upgrade you need, the dealer you order it from will need to fill out a form which requires the following information which you can read from your radio:

Serial number, exact model number, flashcode, FW version, DSP version, UCM version (if you have one) . Make sure the model number includes the suffix, AN, BN, CN, etc, as the ibutton will have to match EXACTLY the flash and model number before it will perform the upgrade. They will need the version of software you are using also, preferably the most current.

What you will get is an ibutton with the new flashcode, and a firmware refresh CD. You can do this yourself, its not hard, or you can have the shop do it, which they will charge you for. If I am not mistaken, I think its under a hundred dollars for the upgrade. I haven't looked in ecat in a while. ( You WILL need to have the newest CPS to do the upgrade)

Thanks

It is a $75 option. That cost is for the option only, no dealer time included.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

ok, so I called M and I was told that I COULD NOT purchase the "usb dongle" nor the "flash upgrade" needed to put ADP on my radio. The guy told me I HAD to go to a dealer to have it done. Anyone know if this sound right?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,027 Posts

So you call a dealer, give them the part number and have them order it for you. No sweat. You will have to give them your radio info, that's the way it works, however.

Ok, I think Im on track. I called a local M dealer and he said he would get it, so Im sending him screen shots of my codeplug info. Thanks everyone!!

xtuser - Yes, the Motorola shop ordered the "Flash Kit", as they call it, and will call me when it comes it. Then I will run by the shop and they will install it for me. The flash kit cost me about $60 and the labor about $35.

UPDATE: Radio shop called, I went by, they flashed, radio now has ADP Encryp. Reprogrammed with encryption and working like a champ!
    Thanks everyone for your help!!

Thanks

Good deal! Glad it all worked out for you.