Thread: AS+ resets display in astro mode

Thanks

Default AS+ resets display in astro mode

I have an astro spectra+ consolette, which is programmed with both astro and non-astro channels. The radio works fine with non-astro channels, but has a problem with reception of C4FM. When the astro channel is received, the audio comes through, as it should, but as the carrier drops out, after the transmission, the display flashes, the yellow and red leds both come on and the display appears to reset, displaying the power on message. I thought that the audio amp was shorting out and dropping the voltage, causing a reset in the radio or the display, but it only happens on an astro channel. Has anyone had this problem or heard of it.

HOST 48002
    DSP 48000

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 739 Posts

That sounds like a VERY strange problem, like the radio is resetting at the EOM (end of message) receipt. It sounds like a firmware bug, or a problem with the VOCON controller board. What firmware/DSP revisions is it? If it's very old, or a known problematic version that could be an easily correctable cause.

Thanks

The radio is a factory original and has not been flashed. It was programmed with 25KHz conventional channels. I programmed the Astro frequency with Astro25 ver 19.00.01 and discovered the reset problem. It appears the display can't handle messages or data in Astro mode. The radio was programmed in the factory in 2004. The serial number is 374CEWxxxx and model L04KKH9SW7AN. The code is 500001-000000-8. Five home button presses = Host 48002 and DSP 48000.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Wow, that's ancient.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.