Thread: Quantar UHF R2 Amplifier Fans

Thanks

Default Quantar UHF R2 Amplifier Fans

I acquired a 100w UHF R2 Amplifier (TLN3446) and noticed the 2 amplifier fans began running when powering on the unit and they stay on indefinately. The amp and alignment process worked perfect with no station errors or isseus. However, when I stuck another TTE2062 (original amp) in it, the fans only ran after a duration of keyup so it had something to do with the TLN3446 module. I opened up the module and noticed that L4123 was missing as well as the cap c4129 from the rear connector. I've installed a 100pF capacitor, but am having trouble finding the 220NH coil part that is missing... Everything else seems present on the card.

Actually, it looks like the coil and capacitor was never installed. I would like to get the fans working properly (I don't want them burning out early from over-running when not being used) and was wondering whether anyone had the part or information on the 220NH chip or where it could be ordered from. Was the fan sensor perhaps an option or L4123 removed to set fans to run 24-7 on certain stations, maybe control channels or for paging?

Just wondering... Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to k4iii For This Useful Post:

Will No Longer Registered

I would not think the choke is any more than a filter. There are many chip inductors available. I do not have the schematic(s) for that part of the station.

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

L4123 is not real critical, it's in series with the FAN ON signal that feeds the base of Q4103 via R4174. The fans are always on because without the choke in place the base is pulled up via R4175. Simply bridge the pads of L4123 or, if you like, drop in a small moulded choke and the fans will operate normally.
    Last edited by Astro Spectra; May 21, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Astro Spectra For This Useful Post:

motoham88 (Sep 29, 2016)

Will No Longer Registered

Ah, seems that there IS a roadmap.. Thanks AS for the info it make good sense.

Thanks

Thumbs up Worked! Thanks...

Thanks!!! That did it! I'll have to write this one down in case I want the fans always running someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Astro Spectra View Post
    L4123 is not real critical, it's in series with the FAN ON signal that feeds the base of Q4103 via R4174. The fans are always on because without the choke in place the base is pulled up via R4175. Simply bridge the pads of L4123 or, if you like, drop in a small moulded choke and the fans will operate normally.