Thread: TRBO DMM and IPSC is Disabled...But Why?

Thanks

Default TRBO DMM and IPSC is Disabled...But Why?

Since the introduction of TRBO's Dynamic Mixed Mode, Motorola has disabled IPSC voice/data connectivity while in DMM mode. At the core of this post, is that I want (dare say need?) IPSC networking but also the normal analog and digital modes currently available via the DMM entitlement.

We certainly know that networking is technically possible simply looking at how the repeater can instantly switch between IPSC digital and analog modes for purposes of generating the CW ID'er. There is no need to switch modes via CPS or RDAC and wait the ~7 seconds for the reboot to another mode. I was "told" over a year ago, that it was "available" or possible as it had been done...by Schaumberg. This from a source very well placed who said that Motorola was "saving us from ourselves" in that system admins/users would not be able to understand the dynamics of the the analog/digital ISPC limitations. Further they were pre-emptively certainly their customer service support that this DMM IPSC ability would cause them to endure.

Well this full feature has not leaked down to my neck of the woods. I'm guessing it's a straightforward hack of a codeplug or a DMM enabled codeplug. Even the cost for the DMM entitlement is fair...if IPSC were available with it. I currently run 4 TRBO repeaters, 2 in analog and 2 in digital IPSC modes. Digital stand-alone is of no need or benefit while DMM IPSC would be a great help. And likely to others who use DMM as is.

-- Mike, NO7RF, Mazama WA

Thanks
    Thanked 8,542 Times in 2,357 Posts

So what you're saying you want dual-mode networkability.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    So what you're saying you want dual-mode networkability.
    I would like to have Analog as well as Digital with IPSC enabled. Currently IPSC is not an option when in DMM mode.
    -- Mike, NO7RF, Mazama WA

Thanks

I agree, there is no reason Motorola couldn't enable IPSC when using DMM; it's stupid that its disabled in this mode, it should still be allowed for digital traffic while ignoring the analog side.

i do the exact same thing with my NXDN repeater, I just enable who has priority; (I.e. analog then digital then network)... With NXDN, I get to retain all functionality, which is great for hams...

i sure wish Motorola would enable this in a future firmware release; at least allow for digital use of IPSC while in DMM, seems like a waste otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by no7rf View Post
    I would like to have Analog as well as Digital with IPSC enabled. Currently IPSC is not an option when in DMM mode.