Thread: Connect Plus & conventional in same zone?

Thanks

Default Connect Plus & conventional in same zone?

Hey folks,

Wondering if anyone has any insight on mixing Connect Plus talkgroups and conventional channels in the same zone. I tried for about 2 hours today but didn't have any luck. I made sure to program all the conventional information in the actual MOTOTRBO CPS and make sure nothing was programmed for that channel in the option board CPS. That includes un-clicking the box for option board & option board trunking. I noticed that when starting the radio on the conventional channel, it will transmit and receive appropriately, but the channel name doesn't display, it only shows the position "Channel 12". If I switched away from that channel, I couldn't switch back without the radio showing "Unprogrammed". These are UHF XPR6350s, only 10 channels in use, so we're trying to do it all in the same zone (4 conventional channels) and avoid having to change zones.

Radio FW: 1.08.32
    Optionboard FW: 1.4.26

Thanks for any input.

Thanks

Nope, ain't happening. Conventional channels need to be in their own zone. In fact, until the newer 1.3 platform came out, users needed to manually switch their radios to the conventional zone for "failsoft" operation if the system failed...with no way of knowing whether the system was back online besides manually switching back to check. Now at least the radio will auto switch upon failure & also switch back upon system restoration, giving proper failsoft operation.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I was afraid of that. At least the managers & supervisors carry 6550s, so we can setup a separate zone for them. I guess we can try and program in a second zone into the 6350s and hope that maybe a few remember/understand how to switch when instructed to do so.