Thread: Astro SABER accessories

Thanks

Default Astro SABER accessories

Hey guys, I apologize if this is common knowledge or it has been posted on there before, but I am new. I just bought 6 Astro Saber IIIs and curious if regular saber accessories fit the Astro Saber? Specifically I am talking about PTTs like the U94. I am hearing mixed info that a U94 PTT for a Saber will not work with an Astro Saber. Cause I bought 6 of those as well.

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

That looks just like a TeleFunken U47!

Seriously, I have no idea what a U94 is.

Otherwise, most of the Saber accessories work with Astro Sabers, the only notable exceptions are Public Safety Speaker Mics (ones with the antenna on top) and the SVA/AVA (vehicular adapter) are different due to antenna switch designs. Other than those two things most of the other accessories will work fine.

Thanks

Ha ha, not quite. U94 is basically a PTT switch that hooks into a comtec or Sordin headset. There are no antennas on these. I guess I will figure it out once I plug them in.

Thanks

Z113-MT-1L-1.jpgU94 style PTT interface. Headset impedence might be a issue. I bet some of the interfaces have impedence matching circuits inside. The version for saber I saw was labeled for saber only, not astro saber. If you wire your own successfully please share your method. I'm sure there are paintball/air soft fans hanging around that would appreciate that.

Thanks

Hey guys, ok everything is good and working. So there does not appear to be any difference with either Sabers or Astro Sabers when it comes to the PTTs.

standardmissile No Longer Registered

Be careful with the cheap U94 adapters. The insides on 90% of those things are held together with liquid tape or some cheap contact cement. Also I bought one out of curiosity and found that the key on it would fail to trigger the PTT if it were depressed all the way. Needless to say I wasn't surprised considering it came from HK, and was only 20 bucks.

As far as the low impedence ones go, they only matter if you plan on hooking up a MilSpec device, like a real Comtac headset. So far as I know it only matters to people playing airsoft with the Sabers or ASabers.

Thanks

Hmmm I am using a real U94 so not sure what you are talking about. All I know is it is working, and I am happy.