Thread: Broken Audio only on one Channel

beaux No Longer Registered

Default Broken Audio only on one Channel

Well, now I have another problem. My XTL5k receive audio is dropping out while another user is xmitting. This is going thru an analog repeater. On my XTS2500 the audio is perfect but on my XTL5k it is intermittently dropping out. Everyone else is hearing just fine as well, so it is not a repeater issue. Other conventional channels in the same personality are working ok, it just seems to be on this one particular freq. This is on analog conventional mode. This has me really puzzled.

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

So what is programmed differently on this channel (apart from the receive freqeuncy)? Swtich to the table view (icon that looks like a spread sheet) in zone and compare.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

That's what's buggin' me. There is nothing different on this one particular channel/freq that I can see. Just the xmit freq and the rec freq are the only things different on this channel, as far as in the "zone/channel" page. All of the channels in this zone are associated with the same personality. All the other check boxes match with other channels.

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Well from what you say the signal is off frqeuncy (either the repeater transmitter or your receiver), or you have the wrong bandwidth (12.5 instead of 25 kHz or the ultra narrow IF slected in the personality), or (clutching at straws here) you are attemtping to receive on an freqeuncy subject to an interanl spur in the radio or a vehicle spur (test the radio away from the vehicle).

I assume you've checked with the monitor on (open squenlch) to eliminate CTCSS, DPL, or squelch issues? Has the radio been aligned recently (assume you know it almost always needs alignment if it's been hacked in any way)?
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Thanks

I had the same problem on an XTS5000 a couple years back. Mine was fixed with a firmware upgrade. What version are you using?

ok, I have been doing a little more investigating and it seems I was wrong initially about it chopping the audio only on one channel. Today I believe I was experiencing the same audio problem on other channels as well, still in the same personality. and thanks for your info "Astro Spectra". I do have the receive squelch set at CSQ, so many I do need to look at the receiver alignment. All of the other settings you mentioned i believe are set correctly, but i will go back and check. But the " ultra narrow IF slected in the personality" i am not sure. That I will check on to see that setting. Azfireguy - I am not sure of the firmware ver. I dont have the Codeplug up on this computer. I will check on that tho. Thanks,