Thread: How to revive a XPR6580IS?

Thanks

Default How to revive a XPR6580IS?

Was flashing the firmware on a XPR6580IS, about halfway through it barfed up an error about not being able to read the radio and refused to continue. The radio is now dead, except that I can still get into the flashzap mode with PTT + EMERG. The CPS refuses to see the radio, so I can't get it into the firmware update mode to try again.

Is there any way of recovering this radio?

Thanks

If the CPS is not seeing the radio, that means the radio is not registering as a network device with Windows. Without that, there's really no way to communicate with it at all to try & recover it. If you send it into Motorola with a note saying it failed during an upgrade, they *might* fix it at no charge...depends on who looks at it & what mood they are in at the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,965 Times in 992 Posts

Out of curiosity, how old was the F/W you wer bumping from?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by com501 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how old was the F/W you wer bumping from?

I know what you're probably thinking...older F/W before 1.03.00 possibly causing the hiccup. However, the I.S. radios shipped with 1.08.32 at the very earliest, although I don't believe many shipped until later when they came with 1.09+

Thanks

That's what I was thinking, because I got burned on a bunch of customer radios we had to send to the factory for no good reason.

Thanks

In flashzap mode radio will only work with Depot Tool, CPS won`t recognize it.

Thanks

Sounds like you'll be sending an email to Jose in El Paso on Tuesday. Flat rate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by com501 View Post
    Sounds like you'll be sending an email to Jose in El Paso on Tuesday. Flat rate.
    Is Monday a holiday in Mexico too? LOL GARY

Thanks

Probably not, but I bet you can't get through to MOL to get a tracking started on Monday.

Thanks

The original firmware was R01.05.03. I have also tried the MotoTRBO depot that's floating around and it can't see the portable either.

Is there any way of getting CPS or Depot into the right mode to talk to the portable while it is in Flashzap mode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abmain View Post
    The original firmware was R01.05.03. I have also tried the MotoTRBO depot that's floating around and it can't see the portable either.

Is there any way of getting CPS or Depot into the right mode to talk to the portable while it is in Flashzap mode?
    Ah, you have the older '1 watt' ATEX version of the radio. Like I said, it's nothing to do with configuring CPS or Depot...the radio is corrupted to the point where it doesn't even register as a USB network device with Windows, so there's nothing for the software to "see". I'm willing to bet the Toronto depot will simply replace the controller board.

Thanks

Windows sees it, or at least sounds the USB device tone when I connect it in Flashzap mode.