Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XTS 5000 Code plug Password

beaux No Longer Registered

Default XTS 5000 Code plug Password

Does anyone no of way around or how to bypass an XTS5000 code plug password? I don't want "force" another code plug into the radio. I actually need to read this code plug that is password protected. There is too much info in it that I can't loose. Thanks.

Thanks

https://www.p25.ca/threads/26-HOWTO-...es-and-Mobiles

Note: Post edited by Mars to correct URL

Thanks
    Thanked 8,445 Times in 2,326 Posts

beaux: Please use our search engine. It works great. I searched for "codeplug password bypass" (no quotes) and it comes right up.

Our modification will not alter the status or password, in the codeplug. It simply bypasses it. If you wish to disable the password, use the appropriate menu within CPS, remove the permission flags, and leave the codeplug password blank within that menu.

When using our modification to read the codeplug from the radio, simply hit <enter> when prompted for the password.

Thanks Mars for pointing out the search function. I admit, I didnt even think about that. Anyway, I am not real familiar with hex editing. but in attempting to follow the thread on that, at my address of 008cc2d8 (I dont know what the "x" means in "0x008cc2d8 when you are stating the address) i do not have any values of 74 09. What I do show on that line is: E8 23 3D 53 00 5D C3 55 8B EC 68 E9 C2 CC 00 E8. I am using CPS Ver. 18.00.01 and looking in the PatPort.exe file within the program. I am using a trial version of FlexHEX. Is there a better Hex Editor? What am I doing wrong?

motorolanovice No Longer Registered

spoonfeeding.jpg ..................

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beaux View Post
    Thanks Mars for pointing out the search function. I admit, I didnt even think about that. Anyway, I am not real familiar with hex editing. but in attempting to follow the thread on that, at my address of 008cc2d8 (I dont know what the "x" means in "0x008cc2d8 when you are stating the address) i do not have any values of 74 09. What I do show on that line is: E8 23 3D 53 00 5D C3 55 8B EC 68 E9 C2 CC 00 E8. I am using CPS Ver. 18.00.01 and looking in the PatPort.exe file within the program. I am using a trial version of FlexHEX. Is there a better Hex Editor? What am I doing wrong?
    "0x" prefixes mean the number is hexadecimal, that's notation from the "C" programming language. I think most ppl are using Hex Workship, not familiar with FlexHEX. Patches are specific to a given CPS version, if yours isn't EXACTLY the same version number, then you're looking for a needle in a haystack. You might be able to find the proper address in a different version of CPS by searching for the expected data, but it may show up in more than one location if the search string isn't long enough. If you have some idea of what you're doing, that should be sufficient...

And please, for Deity's sake, use the search function! Most if not all of this has been discussed and addressed before, most likely.

Thanks

The string is there check your addressing and the decimal/hex settings. The modification is confirmed working for v18.00.01

Thanks Alpha, now I understand the the language. And the needle in a haystack is an understatement! HAHA. And also thanks Noto, well I guess I'm completely missing the mark here. I'm at address 008cc2d0 and the complete line goes thru to 008cc2df, so at 008cc2d8 it says 8b not 74. So Im completely confussed here. I thought Im supposed to be looking for 74 09 at that address. There are a bunch of 74 09 combinations all thru out the file but not at the specified address. What am I missing? If you would like to PM me we can do that as well. I really appreciate everyones help on this! Just forgive me for being a noob at this but I am learning.

I put 90 at the address of 0x008cc2d8 and 90 at 0x008cc2d9, did not work. What am I doing wrong?

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 843 Posts

Who knows? You haven't indicated ANYTHING you're doing right so as for what you're doing wrong? You could be sticking your **** in a blender. That would be wrong, right?

Since you said your a noob and are still learning, I have a suggestion: keep learning. Learn more what hex editing is and what it means. Learn how the fscking hex editing program works. Next, learn how to ask a friggin question that might compel someone to want to answer.

The oh-so-familiar adage here is true again... Less posting, more reading. Try it!

Thanks

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 843 Posts

... Or that.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 651 Posts

"Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not an engineer."

Really? Just because I am not as familiar with this stuff as you guys are, so I am getting dumped on? I thought this was a "Forum" to get help and answers from other people who have done this before. So just because I haven't done as much as everyone else has, that warrants to bashing on me? I get the feeling that this is a forum to bash on the inexperienced person and not help them because you are "inferior". You know, I have a lot of experience and knowledge in what I do and when someone ask me how to do something I "help" them, not tell them "well just keep learning, maybe you'll get it". How does someone learn if they are not taught? One of these days I will be as informed as you guys and if and when someone needs help I will help them to the best of my ability and knowledge on the subject, not talk down to them. I have followed the thread in question and when I have something different that is not explained and I ask for help because I don't understand, this is what I get? I guess I will be banned for this post now. Sad.

Thanks

Really? Just because I am not as familiar with this stuff as you guys are, so I am getting dumped on? I thought this was a "Forum" to get help and answers from other people who have done this before. So just because I haven't done as much as everyone else has, that warrants to bashing on me? I get the feeling that this is a forum to bash on the inexperienced person and not help them because you are "inferior". You know, I have a lot of experience and knowledge in what I do and when someone ask me how to do something I "help" them, not tell them "well just keep learning, maybe you'll get it". How does someone learn if they are not taught? One of these days I will be as informed as you guys and if and when someone needs help I will help them to the best of my ability and knowledge on the subject, not talk down to them. I have followed the thread in question and when I have something different that is not explained and I ask for help because I don't understand, this is what I get? I guess I will be banned for this post now. Sad.
    You will never be banned from this forum for stating your opinion. It's not that kind of forum. So long as insults don't start flying and F-bombs aren't tossed around, it's all good.

Our forum is not a newb forum. We've stated this many times. There are plenty of other forums out there (batboard, RR, etc.) for those who are just getting into radio. Our forum is a no-nonsense, intermediate-to-advanced discussion resource.

Your questions about hex editing and your inability to follow basic instructions are getting annoying. It doesn't mean you're dumb at all -- but a majority of us aren't prepared to invest further time in helping you, because you just aren't getting it.

It's very easy to use Hex Workshop and open up PatPort.exe, then type CTRL+G (go shortcut) and enter the hex address we've provided. You then verify the "original" hex data by looking at your screen, then move your cursor overtop of it and type in the "modified" values. When you're done, save the file as PatPort.new or something like that, then replace (backup first) the original PatPort.exe with the new PatPort.new (and rename PatPort.new to PatPort.exe) file.

If you don't understand any of this, you shouldn't be ****ing with the radio or the software. The radio isn't a toy, and the software is capable of making changes to your radio which could adversely affect a TRS...which translates into a safety issue for the users.

We take this stuff very seriously because some of us are responsible for running these systems people are scanning. Other members here are actually designing your radios. No joke.

RadioReference and BatBoard are both excellent resources for beginners to get a hand (literally) so they can learn and ask repetitive newb questions. When a person is ready to move on to advanced discussion/modification/repair/theory, then they are welcome at this site. That's why we put it up -- Because RR/BB were too stupid most of the time. This is our oasis away from mouth-breathers. Not that you're one; but you've got some learning to do first.

Hope this answers some of your concerns with the way you're being treated here.

Thanks

Really? Just because I am not as familiar with this stuff as you guys are, so I am getting dumped on?
    "Damn it Jim! I'm a whiner, not a doctor!"

Thanks

Number 6, I'm not as smart as you. I'm not getting your "Damn it Jim!" references. Two threads in a row tonight. I thought you were possibly a spam bot, but now I'm curious. Please explain!

Thanks

Ah, I'm dating myself. That line, in various forms, was made famous by Dr. Leonard McCoy in the orignal Star Trek television series and has carried over to the movies. It means that we are asking beaux to do something beyond his capability. I guess that my attempt at humor fails again.
    Last edited by Number 6; May 30, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

Number 6, I got it. Both times, and I laughed. Mars, I understand how to find an address, edit the fields, and how to do all the file transferring back and forth. I am fairly competent with computer skills, I just don't program. This is not my problem. The "original hex data" that you (in the past thread) said to look for is not there. that is what is throwing me. I will look into understanding hex editing more to see if I can figure this out. But, at address 0x008cc2d8 the data of: "74 09" is not there. it is "8B EC". Yes, maybe I am not at the right address, but the same info shows in three different hex programs i tried to use, and I have tried different ways of "go to" to actually get to 0x008cc2d8. Again, I am using Astro 25 Portable CPS ver. 18.00.01.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
    Ah, I'm dating myself. That line, in various forms, was made famous by Dr. Leonard McCoy in the orignal Star Trek television series and has carried over to the movies. It means that we are asking beaux to do something beyond his capability. I guess that my attempt at humor fails again.
    Don't worry. I got it.

In almost every episode, Kirk would ask Bones to do something...

The response was always 'Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a xxxxxx'

It's followed through to all the series.....

Thanks

I have tried different ways of "go to" to actually get to 0x008cc2d8. Again, I am using Astro 25 Portable CPS ver. 18.00.01.
    Where did you get this address from? It's not correct for R18.00.01. I checked the CPS mods thread, and my own private notes, and the info I posted here on the forum for 18.00.01 is correct.

You need to go to:

Address: 0x008D1BB8
    Original: 74 09
    Modified: 90 90

Please let me know where you obtained the incorrect address from, so it can be corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Add:

After researching, it appears you are referencing the address for Portable R17.01.02.

Ding ding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mars. Yea I was refering to https://www.p25.ca/threads/725-ASTRO...R17-01-02-mods even tho you said it was for ver. 17.01.02 but "notorola" said it was confirmed working for 18.00.01 so thats where i got it from. I will look at 0x008D1BB8.

ADD:
    And with the right info...SHAZAM!

Thanks

Thanks Mars. Yea I was refering to https://www.p25.ca/threads/725-ASTRO...R17-01-02-mods even tho you said it was for ver. 17.01.02 but "notorola" said it was confirmed working for 18.00.01 so thats where i got it from. I will look at 0x008D1BB8.
    Technoweenie posted the link to the wrong thread. I'll make sure he gets a paint-thinner enema.

In the future, please refer to this map for all ASTRO25 software releases:

https://www.p25.ca/threads/26-HOWTO-...es-and-Mobiles