Thread: Jedi JT1000 change to R range

Will No Longer Registered

Default Jedi JT1000 change to R range

I have a JT1000 450 - 520 range S that has a bad RF board. I would like to change it to R 403-470 range RF board which I have.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 489 Posts

you can, Here are the basics. change the rf board , load in a srec for a r split radio with the featureset you want, then edit the codeplug with RSS or CPS. Remember to copy all tuning info first. Issues to watchout for are dont get too greedy on the featureset some command(logic0 boards will not support certain features. Also make a srec of your current radio so you can always go back.

I am going to get the S Record out of the radio and save it.

Then I would need either a S Record for the R split JT1000 or maybe the lab can generate it.

Thanks

Lab can generate one but you really have to payattention to a lot of settings like display/keyboard etc. Lab should be able to change the bandsplit without changing any other setting, but its been a while since I have tried that.

I tried to generate/make a codeplug in the so called lab, but seems that part of the software is messed up.

I did manage to hex edit the JT1000's code plug to the R split, but my factory RSS will not write it back into the radio, Model number mismatch.

I am thinking that the S record has to be hex edited????

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,534 Times in 739 Posts

The JT1000 probably did not exist when that old-as-the-hills version of MTSX lab came out. Hence you probably will not be able to use it for anything other than raw S-record read/writes. If you try to write or gen such a codeplug you will get a model mismatch since it doesn't know that model from Jack.

You are probably thinking right. Or, you need a true R-split S-Record from another actual JT1000.

GS4 No Longer Registered

You should be able to use HT lab (not MTSX) to create a new codeplug.

GS

Quote Originally Posted by GS4 View Post
    You should be able to use HT lab (not MTSX) to create a new codeplug.

GS
    You have a good point there, the JT1000 uses HT1000 RSS.

Thanks

Also if you were to locate a correct srecord use it. Although possible to edit a srecord it is something not for a first timer, one error can easilly brick a radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    Also if you were to locate a correct srecord use it. Although possible to edit a srecord it is something not for a first timer, one error can easilly brick a radio.
    I have lots of JT1000 codeplugs but without having the radio here to read a S Record I am not able to get the S Record.

I am able and have done some hex editing in my days, so that IS an option.

I am also on the lookout for the HT lab.

Thanks

I have seen it floating arround the net. Although long obsolete the site rules on lab/DEPOT pervent me from commenting futher.

GS4 No Longer Registered

B02.03.00 is what I have seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by GS4 View Post
    B02.03.00 is what I have seen in the past.
    Wasn't that the MTSX version, I have seen that version number tho.

GS4 No Longer Registered

It may a version of MTSX be but I was referring to HTLAB. Unlike the MTSX the HTLAB requires a password to get it to run from the opening screen.

GS

Update: I put in a R split RF board to replace the orig RF S range board with the bad transmitter. I does receive very well.

I have the S Record out where I can see what the difference may be. So I may still need help....

I have the orig and one I modified if someone can please look at it. The model number appears in two places in the S record. Only one in the codeplug.
    Last edited by Will; Jul 30, 2013 at 01:37 AM.

See my last Post https://www.p25.ca/threads/3698-HT-LAB-for-Jedi-radios

I did the change per the Jedi instructions. But can not write it back into the radio. RSS complains model number not the same.