Thread: Adding MDC to MCC 7500

Thanks

Default Adding MDC to MCC 7500

So I did some searching on here in this forum and couldn't find what I was looking for, so now I have a question for whomever can answer it for me.

The service I work for has quite a few departments using MDC signalling and it's not enabled on any of the resources. I've asked the question a few times and I feel like I'm being given the runaround. I've been told it's as simple as checking a box on the admin side of things. I'm sure there are a few more steps, but I was wondering just what does it entail to add MDC? Not sure if it matters, but they're all VHF.
    Last edited by p25smartzone; Jun 05, 2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Added more info.

Thanks

If the resource was built as an "analog" resource it must be completely deleted and then rebuilt as a "MDC" resource. Its definitely not just checking a box. Also MCC7500's don't do MDC properly, they convert it to decimal unless you pick "limited id space" then it only shows non alpha ID's properly.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

Great! Thanks a lot Magnus! I've been asking for quite a while now, at least 4-5 months, and it took you all of 4 hours to answer my question.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

I believe the actual decoding and processing is all done in the CCGW itself. IIRC, there is better MDC support with the GGM 8000, but I don't have any hands-on experience with it yet.

And Magnus, I suppose you could call it "Polish ID decoding"... Bonus points if you get the joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d119 View Post
    "Polish ID decoding"... Bonus points if you get the joke.
    Krakow, lol.
    Funny thing is, if you are logged into the CCGW and view the debug logs the ID's are in proper hex. Its just a FAIL on the gui's part.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte