Thread: XTS2500 affiliation question

jokeefe1012 No Longer Registered

Default XTS2500 affiliation question

I am not familiar with the "console" portion of a trunked radio system. My question is, when a xts2500 affiliates with a TRS, what information can be seen by the system controller, or operator in the radio room? Is it just the radio ID? Or are things like the model number and serial number also shown.

Thanks

Just the radio ID or a alias if programmed into the console the talkgroup and timestamp of the hit. On some larger systems other info is also there such as the tower site accessed.

Thanks

Does it show the radio's ESN and whether scan is enabled or not?

Thanks

Items like the ESN are never transmitted to the console, the console may send data using OTAR/OTAP to a unit using the ESN as an verifyer but this is rare and only used for specific purposes. Items like scan are "user" features and not relevent to the dispatcher so are not sent.

But for those curious a dispatch can ping a radio id and if they get multiple returns that can stun that unit. I have heard of such a case where the legit unit was turned off and then the "clone" stunned.
    Last edited by Notarola; Jun 16, 2013 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks

I was told that there's a feature for P25 TRSs that only lets pre-programmed ESNs on the system so noone could get illegal radio on it, just like the MPT1327.
    In in the TETRA air monitor I personally saw that the radio requests the system for the group it wants to scan.

Just wanted to make it clear wether P25 systems has such capabilities

Thanks

Yes they do but they are not extensivly used.

Thanks

There are also 3rd party applications, like Genesis, that provides a whole bunch of data and can archive it for months if not years. It monitors the ATIA data stream out of the controller and is usually not an off the air monitoring solution.

clark No Longer Registered

I was also told that consoles cannot see id numbers less than 100. Does anyone know if this is true or is system specific?

For the radio alias, does the alias have to be programmed in the controller side or if the alias is programmed through CPS into the radio will that show up? I guess te question is more to the point of if I program an alias in the radio through CPS what does the radio transmit? Just the ID#, just the alias, or both?

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 843 Posts

The alias is not transmitted, just the RID. Any aliases that the system knows are defined and stored on the system side. The controller does not know or care care about the radio's alias... Like Notorola said, this is a "user" feature...

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 843 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    I was also told that consoles cannot see id numbers less than 100. Does anyone know if this is true or is system specific?
    Who "told" you that??!

Okay, Thanks for the quick response.

I was told by a guy who I was going to have program my radio. It did not seem right so I started doing my own research and found how to do the hidden method. I use that and disgarded his info or services. I am glad I did and dicocered a much better method. It took a while to do but that is part of the radio hobby I really have come to enjoy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,977 Times in 997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clark View Post
    I was told by a guy who I was going to have program my radio. It did not seem right so I started doing my own research and found how to do the hidden method. I use that and disgarded his info or services. I am glad I did and dicocered a much better method. It took a while to do but that is part of the radio hobby I really have come to enjoy.
    I wonder how many radios THAT guy has had disabled by sys admins??

Not my radios!