Thread: 5300 version 1

jdl462 No Longer Registered

Default 5300 version 1

Alright, i finally got the radio i was having problems with communicating. Come to find out I had to use an older version of PC Configure for the version 1 radios. Now I found out that I can't program a p25 system into it because it doesn't have that option enabled I guess. Does anyone know how to enable and disable options on a version 1 5300?

Thanks

salonorg No Longer Registered

older version 1 radios dont have a option file they are loaded with everything from birth . encryption is a astro spectra/ saber board . use pc configure 1.17 or pc trunk 5.9.3 . p25 and keypad programming works too . also the baud rate must be set at 9600

what is your file format ? 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 ?

How do I check the file format?

read version information what version of pcconfigure are you using ?

V1.28.0.8 I believe is what it is.

It looks like according to PC Configure that the version 1 radios that you have to use 9800 baud to read them at dont support P25 tunking. So with that in mind it looks like i have a smartzone analog only radio here. Now does anyone know if these are rebanded or how to tell if they are?

Thanks

Can you clarify but what you mean by version 1. If you mean SW version 1 (i.e. 1.xx.xx) then you really have a 2nd gen. The first gen radios had version 5.xx based firmware versions. Those are the only ones that need to have the baud rate set to 9600. If you set it on any other version radios they will not read anything as they use a different communication library.
    The version 5 radios could use either PCC or the predecessor PCTrunk.

Maybe I have a first generation then. I think it says V200 on power up. It will only read with PCC on 9600 baud.

Thanks

The version 5 didn't show firmware versions on power up and the number you are seeing is the control head version number and that number would coincide with a series 5 radio.
    You should be able to do a read version info with the baud rate set to 9600. Or, if you hold the PTT while powering on, if the radio says C.O.D.E. then you for certain have a series 5.

And if I remember correctly the file type is 5.5.

I think you are right. It is a version 5. I don't have it in front of me right now but I do remember it showing a 5. something when I read the version info. Is there anything I can do with it to get it to do P25 trunking? If not do you know if these radios are rebanded for smart zone or how to tell if they are?

Thanks

Discussing or sharing pcissue is forbidden.

Thanks

The version 5 radios do not support rebanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,134 Times in 693 Posts

Ok guys, consider yourselves warned. Discussing depot software, which includes PC Issue, carries a 5 point infraction and an automatic 10-day ban. Knock it off.

sloosecannon No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
    Ok guys, consider yourselves warned. Discussing depot software, which includes PC Issue, carries a 5 point infraction and an automatic 10-day ban. Knock it off.
    Apologies if my post violated that rule, won't happen again...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sorry about that. Won't let it happen again.