Thread: 800MHZ test Frequencies?

LCPDISPATCH No Longer Registered

Default 800MHZ test Frequencies?

Hey guys i have always wondered if there is any frequencies i could input into my MTS2000 to test if it transmits Correctly any ideas?

Thanks

1 CSQ should be

TX 806.0125
    RX 851.0625

R Band

TX 885.0125
    RX 830.0125

You have to enter Test Mode after power up

Astro Spectra is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

To enter test mode press the button above the PTT five times quickly after power up. You can test your radio on any frequency you like as long as that test involves the radio connected to a dummy load or a load incorporated in other test equipment.

Obviously an antenna is not a dummy load and there are services licensed on the frequencies listed above. In your state for example quite a few county system use 806.0125 MHz.
    It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right

Can i use a antenna and another radio Together if i used a Frequency That is only used in mexico or will the fcc come after me???

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

Do not test a radio over the air, period. All tests and tuning should be done in a non-radiating manner. Once the unit is ready to be put into service, a short test transmission on it's final intended frequency is all that is required.

If you're looking for a "simplex" channel to BS on in the 800 MHz band, forget it. There aren't any, and even worse than the FCC looking for you is the possibility of jamming the input of a local public safety system and causing someone to DIE. This is not stuff to screw around with casually, ever.

Unlike ham radios or CB's, these were meant for commercial and public safety service and will transmit in those areas if not properly programmed and serviced. They are not toys or talkabout bubble-pack UHF CB radios.

triptolemus is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,503 Times in 844 Posts

What are you trying to accomplish? What's the goal here?

Well the goal ending product if you must know is that im going to Program Mobile to car Radios together And want to make sure that all can talk to each other properly.

Alpha answered What i want to know They all are on there final frequency Time to make sure they work.

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Okie dokie! Good luck with all that.

By the way, don't you think it's a little douchey to quote yourself in your own sig? Just sayin...

Yeah i suppose it is. well i guess off to settings Lol Thanks Trip!

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

No, thank you!

Thanks

You aren't supposed to test a transceiver by transmitting with a radiating antenna. You are supposed to transmit into a dummy load, connected to a calibrated service monitor. Be careful transmitting on frequencies you aren't licensed to use, which brings me to my next point. If you are allocated frequencies, why aren't you testing with those frequencies.

Ok so here it is we are a small township And we have more units with new equipment to be installed in to a Brand new squad cars And we are also upgrading our mobile Radios for the officers due to some of them are seeing the bench to much.. But here lied my problem we Only have Frequency's For Public safety to use only and when we upgrade Equipment for ex.The problem We face When Upgrading Equipment is we aren't aloud to use The frequency's To test the new equipment and the only way to find out if it all works Properly is to Give it to the officer to use You might say why Do you need to test It should work right well no. When we upgrade due to our low budget we only get "Slightly Used" equipment from the city's and county's and they tend to beat the Living **** out of the stuff they give us. So we end up sometimes with Broken Equipment. So that is why i asked if i could do it that way So i could fully test them all on a "out of range" Frequency to see if they would all work Correctly Together instead of making the admin mad because we Have to use The Frequency for a while.

Thanks

Wow. Just.......Wow.

CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Might be time for those "officers" to just give up and go back to smoke signals. Remind me to stay out of Maryland.

DSC_0209.jpgDSC_0210.jpg

This one is going in the junk drawer It has scratches scuffs And doesn't want to Turn on The knob is so lose It feels like it wants to fall off... City cops

Thanks

You should invest in a service monitor. It will allow your to test or service your fleets equipment off the air. They can be had quite cheep these days off ebay. Testing RF equipment over the air is not really proving they are in a servable state. Manufacturers recommend they be aligned yearly or when serviced.

Will No Longer Registered