Thread: HT LAB for Jedi radios.

Will No Longer Registered

Default HT LAB for Jedi radios.

HT Lab for Jedi radios, does it exist?

This would be before the MTSX series, for the HT1000, JT1000, and Visar radios.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,793 Times in 2,413 Posts

You are welcome to discuss the possibility of whether it exists, but we do not support (by means of tech support postings) or distribute, ANY lab/depot software. Period. The reason being: Even if it's for some ancient product, the proprietary intellectual property/code within the special build of lab/depot, was never intended for public distribution.

There may still be proprietary methods/code/theory within ancient lab, still applicable to modern tools. Motorola could claim just about anything -- no matter how weak it is, to suggest we (P25.ca Forums) caused financial or other damages, as a result of distribution.

Sorry if I sound like a party pooper, but just wanted to state our position before it gets out of hand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Sorry if I sound like a party pooper, but just wanted to state our position before it gets out of hand.
    Thanks
    I understand the forum's position.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,038 Times in 1,028 Posts

HTLAB 2.07 is what I have seen, and it supports ht/jt and visar from what I can glean from the help files. It runs fine on my Win7 machine in WinXP virtual mode. I do not have a JT1000 to confirm current functionality, but it does run on my HT1000s and Visars.

Thanks

You can try looking around for Wookie

Quote Originally Posted by radioman2013 View Post
    You can try looking around for Wookie
    We are working on JT1000 radio. I do NOT think "wookie" will help.

Ken.Adams No Longer Registered

What are you trying to accomplish with your JT1000?

I need to change his JT000's model to a R split.
    I have a good R split RF board from a MT2000, then I can align and calibrate the R split RF board for the JT1000.

History: The JT1000 is a friend's radio and it has a bad transmitter PA. He would really like to have his JT1000 be a R split instead of the S split. And I can use the bad RF board in a receive only application in the T Band.

I put the R range RF board in the Jt and it is receiving very well in the 440 range originally programmed in the radio.

PRC148 No Longer Registered

I thought JTs were masked/closed controller types that couldn't be reconfigured.

The controller may be, but I need to change the one frequency range letter in the model number.

I hex edited the one letter in the model number from S to R. I can not get the RSS to write that back into the radio.

JediJT.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 489 Posts

were you able to do the rest of the changes with the rss?

Thanks

I tried upgrading a few HT1000s and Visars with this utility some time ago. I do not recollect the version/revision number - but I do know that while the 'upgrades' in question did work, the power up tone was the low-tone "boop" instead of the normal "beep". Other than that, I noticed no err in performance, confirmed also on a service monitor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 489 Posts

the low tone means that there is a "invallid" parameter in the codeplug. Its not fatal thats why the radios function.