Thread: Trunked emergency TG call from conv. channel

Thanks

Default Trunked emergency TG call from conv. channel

I heard CPS 19 allows a new feature for trunked emergency calls while selected on a conventional personality. Is this true, and if so could anyone walk me through the process? I fished through the conventional personality and astro system and did not locate any obvious settings to revert to a trunked talkgroup (in my case a 9600 TG).

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

Unless there is some kind of special priority monitor mode, I would think you would have to be in scan mode to accomplish this, perhaps it is a scan option (check CPS help on the scanning screen items). You would probably have to be using Talkgroup scan and looking at one conventional channel and one trunked system TG, at least. There is already a selection for whether or not to react to emergency calls, that would probably be a good starting point.

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. To be clear, I am just looking for the ability for the radio to make an emergency call - we have a dedicated talkgroup for emergency and only the console handles them, field radios don't scan that talkgroup, so monitoring the call is not a concern. On other words, if I have a user on 8TAC91, and the user jams down the orange button, I would like that emergency call to go out on the trunked talkgroup.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,449 Times in 2,326 Posts

Guys,

This is a brand new feature which is supported as of R19.50.00 subscriber firmware in the XTS/XTL ASTRO25-family product line. Here's a quick definition, as described in the firmware release notes:

Abstract: Emergency Revert between Trunking and Conventional systems

System Platforms Affected: Any

Special Configurations: N/A

Description: The capability already exists for an XTS/XTL subscriber to revert to a Conventional channel for Emergency operations when the Emergency button is pressed while on a Trunking TalkGroup. This new feature completes the expansion of the Emergency Revert capability by adding the ability to revert from a Conventional channel to a Trunking system for Emergency operations, or reverting from one Trunking system to another. P25 and Type II Trunking systems are supported, as well as analog and Digital conventional channels.

-----

CPS R19.01.00 along with firmware R19.50.00 is required for configuration. This is available from MOL.

Hope this answers your question, uxv.

Thanks

Thanks Mars, I am running older firmware with 19 CPS so that explains why I can't find the settings in CPS to do this.