Thread: FL 05-93

Thanks

Default FL 05-93

Can anybody tell me what this error comes back as? FL 05-93
    I can read and write to the radio using the serial com-port, but it doesn't like the usb programming connector?

rayray

Thanks
    Thanked 2,038 Times in 1,028 Posts

It would be nice to know what kind of radio and WHAT kind of control head you are having difficulty with?

Thanks

Sorry, I thought you could read my mind. It's a xtl5000 with a remote head. All factory parts. I tried using this head on another unit and it worked fine. I now put it back on the original radio and get the error which tells me to sync the head.

Thanks

This is almost always a control head/ radio deck firmware mismatch.

First off, is this a high power, or low power XTL5000? Can you read/write to the radio drawer itself, and if so, what firmware revision is the main radio? Do you have both a USB GCAI programming cable AND a serial GCAI programming cable? If your firmware is very old on the XTL, you may have difficulty syncing the control head to the deck.

You need to bring both up to the newest rev if possible. You will NEED to know what FW is in the radio in order to successfully sync the control head if it fails, since the process is going to ask you for the exact version in the radio.

Thanks

This is actually a mid power uhf radio. The firmware on the 2 radios are 15.xx and 12.xx. I do have a USB dash GCAI programming cable AND a serial 26 pin GCAI programming cable. I guessing I'll most likely have to bring the firmware up to date on both radios then try to sync the heads back to the radios. Thx for the info....

Thanks

Do you have a refresh USB key to do this with? You are going to need this. Doing it without the key is going to be problematic, as the radio / head package needs to be synced together using the correct refresh key. At this point if you don't have one, it may be worth the effort to find someone with one, or to order one from Motorola.

Thanks

I was working on a large County project a few years back. We had to flash a few 100 radios with newer firmware and added flash options. There were about 10 dongles. I had asked the Project Manager if I could hang on to one dongle with a few flashes left. He didn't seem to mind. I'm happy I kept it.

Thanks

Then you should be good to go!