Thread: CDM - L.B. high split mod for 6 meter operation

jim202 No Longer Registered

Default CDM - L.B. high split mod for 6 meter operation

Have looked and searched but have come up empty for information on using a low band, high split CDM radio on 6 meters. Thought some time back I ran across some information about this, but can't find it.

Have had several hams come to me asking this same question. So figured I would ask the question here where all the talent was on modifications.

Jim

Thanks
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,003 Posts

There is a labtool floating around for that, involves rewriting the TANAPA from what I have heard, never had the interest as I have always had as many X9000s as I needed, or new PM1200s.

Thanks

Jim- I have one that works well up to 53 MHz or so. Tx works up higher but Rx rolls off at 53 MHz. It may differ for you of course. The process is similar to the 220 out of band work that involves editing an s-record, or you can do the out of band mod on your CPS, your choice. I have a CDM on 10 also that sings like a canary.

I have a number of the low band Syntor X9000 radios up and operating on both 6 and 10 meters. The X9000 are a fine radio. However, I am looking to use the CDM. It will allow me to remotely control the channels I can use. Unless someone suddenly drops one of the Kenwood TK-690 low band high split units on my doorstep, the CDM is probably my next choice. Maybe if you contacted me off the chat group here, we could continue talking about bth the X9000 and other radios.

Jim

Tell me more about the S-record. That is an area that I am not familiar with.

Jim

Thanks

As I said, two ways. The first post talks about 220 but it is applicable to all bands. I've taken 450 radios down to 440, low band stuff to 10/6, etc.

s-rec mods (mad props to Otaku for doing some serious homework)

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90958

software mod:

https://www.p25.ca/threads/1126-Prof...t-of-band-hack

I like the s-rec way even though it takes more time, you can get the radio to work with off the shelf CPS after that. Happy reading.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

I like the s-rec way even though it takes more time, you can get the radio to work with off the shelf CPS after that. Happy reading.
    With the software mod, you can still use regular CPS afterwards with one caveat...you can edit existing personalities, even the red out of band ones, to your heart's content. You cannot however add or delete any personalities without the CPS throwing up errors.