Thread: MTS2000 MDC 1200 question

joef209 No Longer Registered

Default MTS2000 MDC 1200 question

Hoping someone on here can help me out. I have a couple of MTS2000 Vhf radios with full keypad, with the LCD screen on the front of it. I need to narrowband and change each radio's ID. My problem is on the first radio, when I went to program the info back to radio, the radio has now stopped displaying the MDC1200 signal on the screen. The screen only shows what zone name channel the radio is on. The radio is receiving the trailing MDC, and can transmit the radio ID to any other radio, just will not display MDC.

When I read the radio, it read 13 blocks, but when I write to radio, it is only writing 9 blocks of info. I tried to clone this radio from another that works fine (did not reprogram that radio), it reads 13 and writes 9 again. But the display will not change to show any incoming ID's.

I am using an older version of RSS, version 2.**, date says 1993. Is it to old to? What do I need to do this correctly?

Thanks for any input.

Thanks

That version of RSS is dirt old, it might cause your issue but not positive. This radio did show ID's before it was programmed?

This is the last DOS RSS release
    https://www.p25.ca/threads/1638-MTS2...al-RSS-release
    Please read and don't ask how to download it, lol.

The reason it reads 13 blocks but only writes 9 is it doesn't write back the internal codeplug or the FDB, only the external codeplug.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

joef209 No Longer Registered

Thanks Magnus, I'll give that download a try. And yes, the radio did display the ID's properly before I went into it. I didn't want to do the other radios in case I ended up fouling them up as well.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Its a good idea to have a backup of your S-Record for such instances where you would like to revert the radio back to its original state. Does not hurt to back each radio up.