Thread: Question about the APX 7000 Call List

Thanks

Default Question about the APX 7000 Call List

I know in the XTS5000 you can go to the Astro Call list and enter in the radio ID and then you can type in information that you want to appear on the screen instead of the radio ID. I have been searching through the APX software and I see in in Conventional Configuration then ASTRO Talkgroup list. Not sure if this is the spot where you can enter in the radio ID info. I have just not been able to get it to work. The software is just a little bit different. Just wondering if anybody has used this feature yet. Thanks......

Thanks

It's under call list configuration.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Unified Call List.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

So I have been reading over the past few days and also watching the software tutorial videos about the call list configuration and I am still having a little difficulty figuring out on how to use it. In the CPS for the XTS5000 you just go to the Astro Call list and type in the ind and the call id and the astro call ID text and its done, but there must be a certain way and an easy way to set it up in the APX software. I just want to have an radio ID name show up instead of the Radio ID #.
    I first went to the call list wide and checked the boxes for UCL editable and then radio ID editable.
    Then Went to Unified Call list and typed in a contact name and clicked int eh Fly in tab and then from I think I either go to Type II Trunking ID or ASTRO Conventional ID. I am a little lost from there at this point since it is setup a little different than the CPS software.
    I am using the hidden talkgroup method for trunking. A little point in the right direction would be great. Thanks

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

That's all you need to do.

Add the ID and alias into the UCL and it should work.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

Are you using it on a trunking or conventional system?
    Don't worry about the UCL editable box, that's for editing the call list from the operator side. You want to first fill in all the ID's with the name you want to appear in the Universal Call List (i think it will list them as "Contact 00001, etc.). After those are filled in, you open a "hot list" for whatever personality type you're using (P25 trunking, Type II trunking, conventional, etc). From the hot list, import the contacts you entered in the UCL. Next, go to the personality type you're using. There should be tabs on the left for Calling (Astro Call, MDC call, etc). Open the tab for the system type you're using (MDC, ASTRO, etc) and enable the Hot List.

If you are using both conventional and trunking channels, you will have to create two hot lists and set each one up independently.