Thread: XTS3000-XTVA-HHCH problem

n9llo No Longer Registered

Default XTS3000-XTVA-HHCH problem

I finally got a PLN7737B HHCH for my open face XTVA. I have it all hooked up on the bench. Tha radio sas REMOTE on the display but none of the HHCH controls work except PTT. The Mic works also. The buttons on the radio still function in remote. The radio is rev 7.71.06 dsp n08.03.05 flash 599008-041E00-2 Am I missing something easy?

Will the HHCH even work with the open face XTVA? I am getting HHCH data on rj45 pin 2 and busy on rj45 pin 3 with every keypush. I programmed a side and top HHCH button for monitor and it works. PTT works(another data word on the HHCH) The top 6 buttons and vol, mode do nothing. So some work and some dont but all send data when prressed. I already tried the processor initilization.

I should also mention this radio was hacked from a model II to a model III and still has a model II model number inside. I may have to try to put it back to a model II if I can find the original s record. Either that or figure out how to change the model number in the current s record to see if it is siome wierd hacking problem.

I posted all of this on Batlabs then realized it might be better suited here

Thanks
    Chris
    N9LLO

Thanks

Are you sure that the HHCH works properly? Try another radio in the XTVA to rule it in/out.

Thanks

In the CPS did you assign what buttons will do what on the HHCH?

Thanks

I answered this on batlabs too but ill be more blunt here. U have a whacked whore flash. The options were probably missed in the non accessible parts of the code plug (via CPS). I have fixed a number of these problem bitch whores. Most whores have a problem....as they were not whored out properly. Jason

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

What JMR said is most likely correct. I have seen a number of improperly hacked codeplugs that have either no or screwed up HHCH support. In fact, that even led to the widespread rumors that the Astro Saber, AVA and HHCH wouldn't work together either. Here are some threads related to this:

http://communications.support/thread...H-modification

http://communications.support/thread...del-Definition

http://communications.support/thread...lock-%28FDB%29

These discuss more information about the button block structures in the codeplug and how some of them are dealt with if you are interested in learning more about why it's screwed up. If you don't particularly care, but just want it fixed, I would request and dump in a shiny brand new codeplug and re-tune the radio and then define the HHCH buttons you need and see if that fixes it.

I need to figure out if its the radio hack or the HHCH. I need to push a good XTS RDH model III record into it. Jason you may remember this radio on your bench. The only changes I have made is to lose the Modat. If anyone can help with a file I can use to test this it would be appreciated. Here is some more info 2210193732597FF2D97CFBEFDAF40000FAC02480008FE00007 8038FF06599008041E00DA

Thanks
    Chris N9LLO@aol.com

Alpha is offline T S - Moderator
    CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 738 Posts

What JMR also said about it being outside the FDB is also correct; those badly-backed codeplugs are corrupt in areas of the codeplug that no user software has access to, so there's nothing in the FDB that will affect this. You will either need to put your hacking boots on, or just get a new, non-haxxor3d codeplug in the radio.

Chances are, if the HHCH PTT and other side buttons are working, then it's probably OK and seems to be communicating with the XTVA just fine. That means the problem is more than likely with the radio codeplug.
    Last edited by Alpha; Jun 20, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

OK so heres where I stand. I shoved in a SDH s record and it worked. Could someone please send me an XTS3000 model 3 RDH split B version H09RDH9PW7BN to n9llo@aol.com ? I know its asking a lot but the less I have to mess with it changing serial number and such the better off I will be to keep my HHCH and everything else working.

Thanks
    Chris N9LLO@aol.com

I did some more work this morining tith my sdh s record. I changed the model and serial to match my radio and pluggrd it in and HHCH worked. cloned in my old RDH codeplug and it qiut working. I think I am at the point now where i could use a good 5.02 RDH model III codeplug to clone in. I think that would correct the bandsplit and tuning values or do I need a completes record ?ThanksChris N9LLO@aol.com

I was hoping to have an s record to work with over the weekend but none came forth so I decided to work on my SDH record. I succesfully turned it into an RDH record complete with the correct tuning frequencies and did a full alignment. The radio now works perfectly includins all the HHCH functions. The interesting thing about this s record is the serial number. After writing it to the radio and entering the service mode the serial shows as Japanese looking characters. On the first read with 5.02 it shows up as a CBI radio (controller board initiliazation) and allows you to enter the serial number you want write to the radio. It all works fine. Attached is the H09RDH9PW7BN s record for your perusal.

chris
    N9LLO
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. The Following User Says Thank You to n9llo For This Useful Post: