Thread: Astro spectra help...

Thanks

Default Astro spectra help...

Hello all Astro noob here!

I followed all the directions about the no affiliate scan , but as my luck would have it its not working.
    wondering if anyone would be so kind as to take a look at my codeplug and make sure Im doing everything right.

This is my first Astro spectra that I have ever messed with and I feel like I got it all but im missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

kc8onr@gmail.com is where I can be reached.

BELMONT-75.cpg

Thanks

You learn more by working on it yourself than asking for someone to edit your codeplug.

Pleses describe the problem and the steps you have done, "It dosnt work" is like saying the car wont move. Someone will be happy to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks

Well I followed the step by step instructions via the "No affiliate scan direction" forum. I monitored the system from a regular scanner and I never once got a voice transmission on the spectra from the system I was monitoring. After hours of trying, I put in another system and it works fine. But I used the method of moving the Jumper in the control head. Worked on one system but not the other. I'm still trying to figure out what is happening with the other system I am trying to listen to via the spectra It doesnt make sence to me. I am thinking that since this radio is a frankenstein rig that it may have something to do with that.

I appretiate you replying and I know you learn better by mistakes. I wasnt asking anyone to edit my codeplug , just to look over it to see if I had missed something, I'd rather do it myself. But after hours of trying I couldnt make sence of it and thought I would ask.

Anyway I got it working on one system so I am happy with that.
    Thanks again
    Dan

Thanks

Since you replied with a clear answer and not a argumentitive response. I have taken a quick look at your setup.

i see the following changes should be made

change scan>scanlist>scan configuration>trunking to 1 sec
    under trunking system>general change coverage to smart zone this may change when you go to astro25 control channels if so leave it at the default.
    under trunking system>typeII change affiliation type from automatic to PTT once again this may change with ASTRO25 control channels if so leave it at the default.
    you have the system set up as an analog system if its a P25 system put the control channels in the ASTRO25 slots.

these should fix up your scan issue. I would change the conventional personality freq to 851.0125 just to be sure your not anywhere near anything active.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Notarola View Post
    Since you replied with a clear answer and not a argumentitive response. I have taken a quick look at your setup.

i see the following changes should be made

change scan>scanlist>scan configuration>trunking to 1 sec
    under trunking system>general change coverage to smart zone this may change when you go to astro25 control channels if so leave it at the default.
    under trunking system>typeII change affiliation type from automatic to PTT once again this may change with ASTRO25 control channels if so leave it at the default.
    you have the system set up as an analog system if its a P25 system put the control channels in the ASTRO25 slots.

these should fix up your scan issue. I would change the conventional personality freq to 851.0125 just to be sure your not anywhere near anything active.

When I tried to Change the affiliation type it wouldnt let me. I assume it didnt like my sys key. I really appretiate you taking the time to look over it. I did get it working on one of the systems I wanted to monitor so I'm happy with that. When I get another unit I will follow the steps you posted and give her a go.
    Thank you very much.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

Don't worry about it. Once you set the system type as Smartzone, automatic affiliation is forced on.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.