Thread: diu3000 power supply fault

Thanks

Default diu3000 power supply fault

Hi all,

Well, my DIU3000 turned up today. As expected, the ac power supply is dead. After pulling it apart to check, I found that the primary side seems to be working OK (it also has an internal 120volt to 240 volt jumper, for those who care). The secondary side seems to be folding back, with a clicking noise each time it tries to ramp up the output voltage. The caps seem OK (not bulging), but I havent tested them on an ESR meter yet. Looks like the supply has seen a bit of heat.. the board is a bit browned off, but not enoufgh to be overly concerned about.

Has anyone else gone through the DIU3000 ac power supply repair process, and are there any common failures I should check first?

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks

ok, got it sorted. Turned out to have the cap plague. A little soldering work and all was well.

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks

Looks like I still have a few probs.. POST tests fail with error 46 (EMC memory backup test).
    Manual says check/replace the internal 9 volt EMC battery (i have an older single algo emc module). The existing lithium "ultralife" shows 9.05 volts, so should be OK, but I changed it for a fresh (9.3 volts) one anyway, and still get POST error.

Does anyone have a scan of the service manual for the T5372B EMC module?

Any clues as to the fault cause? I checked the tamper switch, and it looks OK. I seem to recall that the 9 volts also is looped through the internal connector, and is then used as both the HUB battery for the KGs, as well as for the 68HC11K1's Vstandby...

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks

Turns out I needed to load a fresh key into the emc before it would clear the error 46. I imagine this is a n00b failure on my behalf.. Anyway, all is well now.

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks

Hey Pete,

What caps did you end up replacing/how many? I'm looking at DIUs on the bay which have dead supplies. Are these surface mount caps or big through-lead type?

Thanks

Do you have the info on the caps voltage/rating?