Thread: DM3600 firmware to suit CPS version 8.0 (EMEA)

Thanks

Default DM3600 firmware to suit CPS version 8.0 (EMEA)

Hello! I require said firmware. I could not find it on Motorola Online.

I am trying to get this radio working on 32cm Ham Bands as well!

Tony.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,009 Times in 448 Posts

Does the EMEA CPS allow programming on the freq. if not changing the firmware will not give you the ham band.

Thanks

No EMEA does not allow 425MHz. I need "AA region" "North America" "Convert from DM to XPR model prefix"

I have done my research!

Thanks.

syntrx No Longer Registered

32cm? As in 900MHz?

A 900MHz radio is never going to do 425MHz. A UHF 403-470MHz EMEA radio will do 425MHz without any issues.

Thanks

Oops, I meant 925MHz! Was in a hurry this afternoon.

Cheers.

Thanks

You will need v1.09.10 this post should have the info once th links are repaired

https://www.p25.ca/threads/2641-XPR-...7669#post27669

Thanks

Thanks, I will have a play. I have 8.6 CPS (AA). Hope I can dump the firmware in. My radios are EMEA. I guess "R011102" will work also???

Thanks

I presume that v1.09.10 will work with (compatible with) V 8.6 CPS. My friend has downloaded the firmware. I will report back with (hopefully) success! after he drops them off on pen drive. Thanks for your time.

Also, these radios are on SMARTNET trunking. Can I just drop in conv firmware and use "Update". Or do I use "Convert" and have to pay moto for an upgrade license thingy? I would like to use DMR basically.

Cheers.

cyrus is offline Trailer Park Superintendent
    Thanks

I don't think North American software will allow you to do anything with a European radio.
    Cyrus

Bubbles: I'd like to see that Red Blue Green c***sucker put one of those together, duct-tapin' it.

Thanks

Oh I understand. I presume CPS will complain "Incompatible region/mot supported etc. I have heard that DEPO/LAB is the way to go. I think that I require compatible firmware for version 3.0 LAB. Does anyone know what version of firmware LAB/DEPO 3.0 is happy with?

I think I can load in an early version of say, AA into my EMEA radio, if I have old firmware that 3.0 DEP is happy with??

Thanks.

Thanks

hi,

I've posted an incomplete EMEA FW chart in austech forum (due to D...T reference) http://depositfiles.com/files/ksajmqmrz

But you said you have EMEA DM3600 in 23cm band ? and "Also, these radios are on SMARTNET trunking..." so it can't be emea, isn't it ?

the updated list is available here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xswg5p (i would apreciate any help to fill the blanks) and please, remove if not appropriate here...
    Last edited by bup; Jun 25, 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks

bup: Crossreference lists are always welcome, thank you for the one supplied. The more detailed infomation available makes it easier to do mdifications and upgrades properly and safely. This is especially true for the "newer" radios whare the firmware/CPS versions should either match or have to match. Feel free to keep this site updated with the info. I suggest you start a new thread in the TRBO forums with the list attached and then others can post additions and you can occasionally post a updated list.

Butcher: If your trying to use depot software to convert the radio from one region to another you are at the very edge of what is allowed to be discussed at this site. All I will say is that it can be done, but not as easilly as your thinking. I suggest you do some searching on the net and ask futher questions where you find other related posts.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Thanks Notarola, I will follow your guidance. I respect this forum and the amount of leash provided!

Yes my radio is a DM3600. Yes it is on SMARTNET. Yes it allows conventional channels, but not on 23cm. I think it stops at 860MHz odd, and begins again at 930MHz. IThe model number off of the chassis is: M27UMH9JB1AN.

I cant explain it, it just is bup (DM3600 on SMARTNET trunking.

I appreciate the lists bup also. Appreciate your time.

It has been sugested that it may just have a DM3600 front (head) on it. I have no idea!

Anyhow, when granted enough time, I will study the lists on CPS, firmware etc. I am sure I can figure things out I do however appreciate any further assistance! "I will get this radio on 23cm / DMR FM!!!

I will look on other threads Notarola. I realize that DEPO/LAB is bad, but so is ogygen! If ya know what I mean. No requests for CPS and LAB/DEPO, I won't do a silly thing like that.

Cheers, 73.

Thanks

You could post the codeplug. I as bup says its not what you think it is someone can probably give you a clear identification of what it is you do have.

Thanks

Wink

DM3600.jpgCrap, sorry about previous post! I copy/paste image in. I figured it out now, sorry!

Cheers.

Thanks

That looks like a XPR4580.

Thanks

Oh ok! It is not uncommon way down here in New Zealand to receive hand-me-downs! So what does this revelation mean? I guess it will accept XPR4580 firmware? Is the XPR4580 not AA region? This means that one can flash upgrade from XPR (AA) to DM (EMEA)? I would like the radio to be (AA) as it will open up 23cms. And MotoTRBO!!!!

I am off on holiday for 3 days. Everyone please have a good weekend. I'm plannng on catching the largest fish!

Cheers, 73.

mtp850 No Longer Registered

I'm looking at the latest ANZ(Australia/New Zealand) dealer price list and cannot even see that model number listed

rahman9m2rd No Longer Registered

anybody here can help me to get the programming software for my mototrbo dp4801

Thanks

No, learn to read rules and call Motorola.
    "Don't worry about what I am, cause I'm a state agent so what you need to do is make sure your doing the right thing **** boy" -J. Dewitte

Thanks

From what Im seeing in the model number the radio is already a AA unit. As you sumise it is possible someone converted a D3600 to the AA region or someone has replaced the front pannel witha DM labled one. I have the AA TRBO sioftware (Via a subscription) If you wish to send/post the actual codeplug I can confirm whe CPS that it is usiong and the feature set/ bands for the radio. I will accept a Pm if you dont want to openly post your codeplug.