Thread: MTX9000 programming / unbricking help

dented No Longer Registered

Default MTX9000 programming / unbricking help

Hi All,
    After using some XTS3000's I have really liked Moto gear.

I acquired a MTX9000 H01WCD4DB4AN. EDIT H01KDD9DB4AN (this is my radio)

I stupidly used dosbox to read from the radio. The next foolish move I made was not backing up the codeplug. upon re writing it to the radio it failed. I new get an fail 01/82

How do I need to go about recovering this radio. I can read the tuning/alignment data so that is no big loss. Do I just need a code plug from a similar radio and write it to it?

Thanks I hope some one can help
    Last edited by dented; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: wrong info

Thanks

First thing I do when ever I get a Jedi radio is to read the S-Record and back it up. That way you can recover from such a failure. You should record your tuning data so if your able to obtain a compatible s-record you can just re enter the tuning data.

Quote Originally Posted by b16a2 View Post
    First thing I do when ever I get a Jedi radio is to read the S-Record and back it up. That way you can recover from such a failure. You should record your tuning data so if your able to obtain a compatible s-record you can just re enter the tuning data.
    Yes I realize this now.... The hard way. Looking further into it. It is possible I can clone a codeplug of the same model. Or if I understand correctly use the lab software to remake a default codeplug. Thought I don't have this software and am aware of the rules.

So where do I go from here? is it as simple as I have said. New to these older jedi and just wanting to see what I need to do.

Thanks

If you have access to an identical radio (model number and flash code) then it is possible to read its S-Record and put it into your bricked radio, you radio will assume the identity of the donor radio, serial number as well as the tuning data. Then update the tuning values recorded from the original corrupt S-Record. A codeplug may no longer help you, you may have to work with the S-Record to recover.

I feel like a fool it is actually a mtx2000(on the sticker under the battery) or the sticker on the front says mtx838

I was on the assumption these radios did not have a flash code as such say unlike the xts3000.

Is it possible though that the s record may be intact (as I am still able to read the tuning values) and a default codeplug may be of use? The s record just contains the features enabled in the radio doesn't it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 455 Posts

the srecord contains a complete image of the radio (exept the flash). I never go by what the stickers say I always go by what the RSS/CPS says the radio is although with labbed/depoted radios even this may not be what is really there. In you case if the srecord is intact you should be able to write it back to the radio. just remember read the srecord then program it do not attempt to open or edit it. Once its in the radio you can read and edit the codeplug to your hearts content.

Thanks

Do not attempt to do anything other that read and write the s-record with Labtool otherwise you will tool proof the radio then get FAIL 01/93. Backup the existing s-record as well