Thread: CPS problem "open radio error "

Thanks

Default CPS problem "open radio error "

I have 2 computers that I use for CPS and the Astro25 CPS 16.01 is now giving me an error on both my XTS2500's and my XTS5000. It gives me a box Nexgen 10 and it states "open radio error" . Computer #1 is a Dell 8600 with XP pro and Computer #2 is a Dell 8200 with XP pro. I use a factory Moto serial cable,I cannot remember the part# right now. I do allow these to update the virus software and windows update from time to time. All the other Moto CPS still works only Astro25 Portable is affected. Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,134 Times in 693 Posts

Reinstalling CPS will probably solve the problem.

Thanks

also check your Windows serial ports in device manager to ensure the port number has not changed or there is not a yellow exclamation mark on it. The exclamation mark would indicate the port is not functioning

Thanks

Whats the part number of the cable you're using?

Thanks

I'm using a RKN4106a serial cable. I'm going to try to uninstall the CPS and reinstall and check the serial ports too on Monday. I got side tracked today working on my wife's car today and it's my Fri,Sat,Sun to work this weekend. Got to keep the wife happy ..... Thanks for the replies and I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

I just got to working on the problem again today. I uninstalled the CPS and that did'nt work on computer #1 ,the virus scan has found an issue with that one. I did a system restore on both computers, the #2 computer is working fine now thank goodness. The system restore done the job on #2 so we will see about #1 later. Just wanted to give an update