Thread: Encryption Question

DyslexicDancer No Longer Registered

Default Encryption Question

I've been reading up on Motorola encryption and I am a little confused.

If I have an XTS3000 with DES-XL/DES-OFB I need a KVL to load encryption keys. This makes sense and is pretty straight forward.

So what is the option in CPS for software encryption? Are the XTS3000's capable of running encryption via software without the need for a UCM or KVL?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 2,413 Posts

Software encryption only available in VSELP products. (Firmware and flash specific)

If you want to run encryption in the ASTRO legacy products, you need a UCM and a KVL with appropriate cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DyslexicDancer No Longer Registered

Okay, thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

RobertKlamp No Longer Registered

What kind of software ENC was available for VSELP? Was it a primitive version of ADP of more like the basic privacy options in the current MotoTrbo Products? Just interested because I didn't know software encryption in Motorola radios had history that far back in the product line.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 2,413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobertKlamp View Post
    What kind of software ENC was available for VSELP? Was it a primitive version of ADP of more like the basic privacy options in the current MotoTrbo Products? Just interested because I didn't know software encryption in Motorola radios had history that far back in the product line.
    I'm not sure what it is/was. It can be added to a VSELP codeplug. Maybe someone else knows more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    I'm not sure what it is/was. It can be added to a VSELP codeplug. Maybe someone else knows more.
    I had 2 Astro Saber III's with it. In the software, which was Lab (circa1995)you could set a 4 digit key, for up to four different selectable keys. I don't know if the standard software allowed it. That was all removed when I had the firmware updated to p-25.