Thread: Selective Call/Call Alert VMUTE and QCII.

jlamanske No Longer Registered

Default Selective Call/Call Alert VMUTE and QCII.

Has anyone had experience with the Selective Call, AND/OR settings, and the Call Alert? I have my XTS2500 set up for paging on 5 channels for 5 different EMS units, I had it set up for Sel Call, and OR so I could use it to monitor and get the 2 beeps when a tone is sent for whichever unit I'm on that day. I don't want to put more than 16 channels in a zone, and would like to have a night time page only channel. Am I correct, in what I have read from the CPS help that I can change the setting to Call Alert, enable IN CALL USER ALERT ENABLE, it will beep twice like Sel Call, and I can use the VMUT (Voice Mute) Option to turn the radio into a page only mode? If I am interpreting the help correctly, Call Alert will be an OR type like the Sel Call, but the "Call Received" will display on the radio until I push a button, and the LED will flash, if I turn the VMUT option on while on a channel with a Call Alert option, I will not hear regular voice traffic, and it will turn off voice mute if I change the Sel Call/In Call Reset to Manual after a page.
    The way I am hoping this will work is to save me adding a whole zone just to have the page only channels.
    Hopefully this made sense and someone can give me a thumbs up on the setup of this that it will work as I am understanding. Reading the CPS help is something like stereo instructions sometimes.

Thanks

I program the Voicemute into my 5k. Make sure you add it to the menu item and then you can even program it to a button as well, Like I do. The voicemute will go away once you press the PTT or hit the assigned button again. When enabled/disabled, it makes the same sounds as the scan enable/disable.

jlamanske No Longer Registered

When a call is received, does it alert and then open up the audio like a page does?

Thanks

Yes it does. The call disables the voice mute until it is again enabled by the user.